19 y/o insurance, 2000 Fabia 1.4l Comfort

hab92

I've posted this in another thread but I'll post it here as well as it seems more appropriate.

I've got my eye on a Fabia as mentioned above as my first car, but I'm finding it difficult to get a good price for insurance. I've tried comparison sites and they only give me quotes that are £4000 and above. I called up Adrian Flux, and they gave me a quote of over £8000.

I'm 19, held my license for nearly 2 years(1 year, 9 months to be exact), have no NCB as I haven't been driving, and I will add my dad on as a named driver(held license for 27 years), no claims or convictions for eiher one of us.

Can anybody give me any advice on this and help me out as I desperately need some insurance?

try NFU, or Co-operative, both gave me very good quotes at a young age, phone them, dont use online thingy.

NFU - 0800 316 4661

Co-op - 0845 602 9832

Hope this helps mate !!

Try the Bell/Elephant/Admiral group specifically. Comparison sites don't always work. They have always given me the best quotes for a standard car insurance.

Flux's prices as you've found are stupid on normal cars.

I'm supprised about the comparison sites mine have always been ok when experimenting.

Unless youra loser of thepostcode lottery? where do you live baghdad? :D

I'd also suggest adding your mum rather than your dad as ladies tend to be considered safer drivers and bring prices down

try NFU, or Co-operative, both gave me very good quotes at a young age, phone them, dont use online thingy.

NFU - 0800 316 4661

Co-op - 0845 602 9832

Hope this helps mate !!

Thanks. I'll try this.

Try the Bell/Elephant/Admiral group specifically. Comparison sites don't always work. They have always given me the best quotes for a standard car insurance.

I've tried Bell, they gave me a quote of over £6000.

admiral/ elephant / bell i found are the onli ones that wud touch me. im 20, with 0 ncb and mine was just over a grand to insure the fabia vrs ( group 9)

See above.

Flux's prices as you've found are stupid on normal cars.

I'm supprised about the comparison sites mine have always been ok when experimenting.

Unless youra loser of thepostcode lottery? where do you live baghdad? :D

I'd also suggest adding your mum rather than your dad as ladies tend to be considered safer drivers and bring prices down

According to the ratings, my area is rated D, which is not as bad as it could be.

Also, can't add my mum, considering she doesn't drive.

P.S how do you use the multi-quote thing on here? After you click on the posts that you want to multi-quote, what do you do?

Also, can't add my mum, considering she doesn't drive.

ah yeah that probably wont bring premiums down! :rofl:

click multi-quote on all the messages u want to quote then hit the big reply button at the bottom :thumbup: