DPF light

BigHusky

Ok so the wife drives back home last night saying an unusual 'light' had came on the dash board. She looked it up in the manual before she gets out the car telling me it's the DPF warning light. I could hear the fan like sound from the parked car, and figured it was doing a DPF regeneration anyway. This morning the lights still on, not worried in the slightest, after dropping her off at work, I went to the nearest motorway did 70 ish in 3rd gear for about 2-3 minutes, light went out, job done...simples!

I thought this may happen as the Yeti hasn't been on a decent run for a fortnight. The DPF fitted to modern diesels cars still wouldn't put me off from choosing another in the future. The Yeti will get a good drive up to Cragside tomorrow, about an hours drive and fully loaded! :thumbup:

We had a leaflet through the door regarding Cragside and activities through the summer holidays. There are some great things going on there. If you have kids then pick one up tomorrow and have a read. Even if you don't I would recommend the chainsaw carving which is fantastic to watch. another event is Tomahawk throwing! All those westerns watched as a kid and now someone wants to teach you how to throw a tomahawk. Brilliant.

To keep the car element to this thread: I quite agree, don't be put off by DPF. Big scare stories but really very manageable with a bit of common sense.

I ignored all the DPF scare stories when buying my yeti as I wanted the ability to occasionally tow a trailer.

My regular commute is only 4.5 miles each way. when I arrive at work my engine is not up to the proper operating temperature.

After 9 months of ownership and 5000 miles I can report that my DPF light has not been on once. During the winter months I would here the fans on doing a regen perhaps once a fortnight but I have never heard it during the warmer months.

If in the future my DPF does become a problem I will take it to Shark for surgery.

We had a leaflet through the door regarding Cragside and activities through the summer holidays. There are some great things going on there. If you have kids then pick one up tomorrow and have a read. Even if you don't I would recommend the chainsaw carving which is fantastic to watch. another event is Tomahawk throwing! All those westerns watched as a kid and now someone wants to teach you how to throw a tomahawk. Brilliant.

To keep the car element to this thread: I quite agree, don't be put off by DPF. Big scare stories but really very manageable with a bit of common sense.

Your right about the activities through the summer holidays, checked out the website, thanks for that Edmund. Tomahawk throwing sounds right up my street!

Like you say common sense prevails when it comes to the DPF.

Your right about the activities through the summer holidays, checked out the website, thanks for that Edmund. Tomahawk throwing sounds right up my street!

Like you say common sense prevails when it comes to the DPF.

Tomahawk throwing!!! :o Please no!!! :no: Don't give my wife ideas; it's bad enough having domestic cutlery thrown at me!!! :doh:

Tomahawk throwing!!! :o Please no!!! :no: Don't give my wife ideas; it's bad enough having domestic cutlery thrown at me!!! :doh:

And even more surprising......she misses!! :giggle:

How's your insurance, Bob?