EGR dashboard light on

So what happens with the thing on the left with the black rubber tube and the chrome pipe on the right when the delete pipe is installed....?

And would it be a DIY install?

You unplug the plug on the left and leave it unplugged, The metal black bit comes off with the EGR

The Chrome pipe is blocked up, you are supposed to remove it and block it up at the exhaust end but i was in a rush so just blocked it up at the other end

Forgot to get some pics of my current setup earlier.

No real issue with leaving the EGR cooler side alone, at the rear of the engine by the exhaust. For completeness that can all be removed as well though.

Apparently the cooler can't it does something else aswell, thats would somebody told me who has been speakin got ben from Shark

Thats what i remember anyway, il try and dig out the conversation

Yeh thats all ive done, i do plan to remove the excess piping aswell to tidy it up, With the engine cover on it looks OEM aswell

Very happy with EGR delete, PD170 Stuttering doesn't happen anylonger and also MPG is up by about 2-3mpg

My 130 mile drive from my house to parents house i usually get 40-41mpg (average over about 30 journeys) ive done it twice since and both times recorded 43-44mpg

Perhaps one of you could modify one of the pictures of the OE set up to point out the parts......

I am going to go ahead and order one of these within the next few weeks, can I call on you two kind chaps for fitting advice when the time comes? Also can I assume you would clean the EGR out when its off?

Wardy, would love to see a fitting guide with pictures...... :thumbup:

EDIT: Just been on the DD website, they may be the place to go when my turbo blows up! :o

Fitting is easy to understand, but the rear torx bolt is a right pain in the rear to get out!

its preety obvious how to unbolt it once uve got the new Delete kit in your hands

Hopefully these might help as well.

OEM setup:

OEM-EGR.jpg

Your OEM Set up is different that mine! Look at the left of the EGR Yours had a metal circle and a pipe going to it mines got a electric box and plug, yours is vacuum controlled where as mine is electric

Heres my Standard EGR Setup

2011-07-27144746.jpg

Edited by AndrewJB

Fitting is easy to understand, but the rear torx bolt is a right pain in the rear to get out!

its pretty obvious how to unbolt it once you've got the new Delete kit in your hands

+1 - it will make sense once you have the kit

Your OEM Set up is different that mine! Look at the left of the EGR Yours had a metal circle and a pipe going to it mines got a electric box and plug

Thought this might come up :) - the PD170 uses a slightly different EGR system, with an electrical connection. The later BLT-engined Fabia vRSes were the same. In this case, I think it's due to Euro5 compliance and also related to the DPF as well.

That was my concern seeing the 2 different setups. I have been in touch with darkside, and they said that Steve had the last kit! :wall:

But they will have more in, in a couple of weeks. My only concern is fitting it with out having the map tweaked to knock out the warning light.......

Regarding the cooler, Scott offered a coupling for the coolant pipe for £7.50 to remove this as well, but is this a good idea as you mentioned it still has a part to play. This is the reply I received from Scott -

Hi Lee,

Sorry to confuse you!

Once the EGR is removed, the EGR Cooler serves no purpose. You can leave it on if you prefer, but we removed ours to fit a tubular exhaust manifold and big turbo (see pics).

You will probably get a warning light, but it is unlikely that the car will go into limp mode. We can't be 100% sure as we tuned it out before removal.

The best way to order at the moment is through PayPal, it is [email protected]. If you don't have a PayPal account I can send an invoice to pay with a debit/credit card.

I have just checked our stock and Steve had the last one, so it will be a week or two before we can dispatch, but you can still place the order.

Bit worried about it going in to limp mode tbh. :|

Mines not been in limp mode yet and ive done a few hundred miles with mile one, car is alot better!

Im running with no EGR Delete Mapping, My warning light is on, I can clear it but as soon as car tries to do a EGR Cycle it comes back

Ive seen alot of people running Fabia VRS PD130's with EGR Delete and no mapping aswell

Mines not been in limp mode yet and ive done a few hundred miles with mile one, car is alot better!

Im running with no EGR Delete Mapping, My warning light is on, I can clear it but as soon as car tries to do a EGR Cycle it comes back

Ive seen alot of people running Fabia VRS PD130's with EGR Delete and no mapping aswell

I suppose that if it went into limp mode I would know the cause and could just refit the EGR pending a map. :thumbup:

Is the part you are holding with all the crud in it the EGR? Or does this get cleaned an refitted?

Sorry about getting the last one!

I've never seen a car hit limp mode because of an EGR bypass. I can't think of any reasons why that would be any more likely TBH. You'll obviously trigger the check engine light, but only because engine management is expecting to see the EGR system in place.

Is the part you are holding with all the crud in it the EGR? Or does this get cleaned an refitted?

As said, that's the actual EGR flap mechanism. That just goes in your 'parts to refit when selling' pile, once the bypass kit is fitted :)

So you're making her aware of this improvement then? :p

Yeah, bit of carb cleaner on it and it should be right as rain. Looking more closely at the one from Andrew's motor, it actually isn't too bad. Just light vapour that's stuck really. I've seen others that have loads of gunk that's collected inside the valve, effectively closing the pipe diameter by about a third! No wonder people complain about poor performance & economy, throttle response and increase in smoke... :dull:

So you're making her aware of this improvement then? :p

Yeah, bit of carb cleaner on it and it should be right as rain. Looking more closely at the one from Andrew's motor, it actually isn't too bad. Just light vapour that's stuck really. I've seen others that have loads of gunk that's collected inside the valve, effectively closing the pipe diameter by about a third! No wonder people complain about poor performance & economy, throttle response and increase in smoke... :dull:

There are no secrets in the Page household......ok so she may be in the dark about a remap! :giggle:

No worries for choring the last one, Scott has more stock due in a coouple of weeks, and I'm in no rush anyway. :thumbup:

When I do get/fit it I will post some pictures of the crud build up in mine, I have a feeling it will be pretty nasty! :S

• 3 weeks later...