Roof mounted aerial - Vandalised

This morning woke up to find that the aerial on my Fabia has been snapped in half - bent over so that the metal rod has broken.

Also my wifes car - VW Passat has suffered the same fate.

Reported to the Police but they have already stated it is an undetectable crime. All they can do is issue a Crime reference number! They won't even come out!

Any one know how much VW / Skoda charge for replacement?

(As an aside anyone have a view on where the car marque badges on eBay are being procured from? The craze of people prising off VW badges at the height of the Beastie Boys springs to mind though that was prior to eBay being available to flog them)

For a 1.4 16v, it has the aerial you can unscrew right, like mine? A replacement for that will be quite cheap, and you can get beesting types too.

Yes Jason, It does unscrew. I'll pop into the shops to get a price for a pair of replacements and peruse eBay.

Nice one' date=' by beesinger do you mean just the whip that screws in or the bit that attaches to the roof as well?

Radio Madrid, You live in Spain? :D[/quote']

Nope; Cumbria and therein lies the problem!!!! :D:D:D

Reported to the Police but they have already stated it is an undetectable crime. All they can do is issue a Crime reference number! They won't even come out!

Good that you've reported it - the Police have advised me they want everything reporting, even if you think they won't be able to do anything about it. There may be a pattern detectable...

Good that you've reported it - the Police have advised me they want everything reporting, even if you think they won't be able to do anything about it. There may be a pattern detectable...

Exactly what I thought. If crimes, however petty, go unreported, how do the police justify existing staffing levels? Nevermind seeking extra manpower!

I worry, even if the offenders are just youths or whether it is drunken behaviour, what other offences could be committed by such people.

Things like this really make me angry - at least if the little buggers steal something they actually benefit from it. By simply breaking something they don't gain at all, just cost us all money!

Little sods should be kneecapped!

where we used to live some bugger decided to "debadge the whole furby" was so upset and annoyed, so that cost us a good 25quid over to replace them all!!!!!! whats worse the furby was left in an asda car park for 10 minuts to come back to find we had a HUGE v in the boot buper was in same shape! shame the boot doesnt do that! as well as 3 sliced tyres not good :( poor Lil Blu

vRS aerials dont unscrew as I found, when thinking about going into a carwash and trying to remove

Mine does - it doesn't unscrew completely but comes out sufficiently to be dropped to "position 2" - where it's horizontal and might go through a car wash fine particularly if temporarily taped down. Might that even be why there's a groove in the spoiler??? (I think not...)

Can't say I've tested it through since I haven't used a car wash since my company car went back in 1992...