indicator

hi wonder if anyone can shed some light on this wee problem. i have an octavia a5 09 plate 1.9tdi

came out to day noticed the bulb out warning light on,so obviousley new a bulb was out, when indicating my indicator flashed faster than normal and sounded faster too

so checked all indicator bulbs and they are all on and working when you indicate front and back flash for maybe 10 seconds and then stay on, mirror ones continue to flash

same happens when hazzards are turned on so checked all bulbs on car and all working fine took it to my regular garage who plugged it into computer and it shows no fault codes.

skoda can't look at it untill next thursday.. so can anyone give me any ideas.thanks in advance ..mark

hi wonder if anyone can shed some light on this wee problem. i have an octavia a5 09 plate 1.9tdi

came out to day noticed the bulb out warning light on,so obviousley new a bulb was out, when indicating my indicator flashed faster than normal and sounded faster too

so checked all indicator bulbs and they are all on and working when you indicate front and back flash for maybe 10 seconds and then stay on, mirror ones continue to flash

same happens when hazzards are turned on so checked all bulbs on car and all working fine took it to my regular garage who plugged it into computer and it shows no fault codes.

skoda can't look at it untill next thursday.. so can anyone give me any ideas.thanks in advance ..mark

I had exactly the same thing mate...2 new ECU'S later under warranty !!!

Sounds like maybe a faulty bulb doing something or poor earth connection.

Might be worth going for the simplest thing first. Replace all 4 indicator bulbs and make sure the connection and the harness are making a good clean connection. Might be something getting warm.

You can also disconnect the main battery for a few minutes and see if that resets anything.