Very annoying rattle

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could help regarding a very awkward rattle I have coming from inside the car whilst driving. The noise seems to be either coming from the front or rear passenger seat area or maybe even the nsr door, and it sounds like two pieces of metal clanging together, it can get very irritating at times and I want to get it sorted. Has anyone had this problem here? How did you fix it? I'd be extremely grateful if anyone could help me out. Thanks.

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could help regarding a very awkward rattle I have coming from inside the car whilst driving. The noise seems to be either coming from the front or rear passenger seat area or maybe even the nsr door, and it sounds like two pieces of metal clanging together, it can get very irritating at times and I want to get it sorted. Has anyone had this problem here? How did you fix it? I'd be extremely grateful if anyone could help me out. Thanks.

Check the aerial on the roof is screwed in correctly. Mine had worked loose and created a similar noise. Took days to find the source...was convinced it was coming from the tailgate or rear trim. Noises are very difficult to pin point from the drivers seat.

OK I've managed to locate the rattle, it's coming from the front armrest! I'm guessing it's something to do with the handbrake? Anyone know how to inspect it?

• 2 months later...

Thread is a little old, but I also get a slight rattle from centre armrest.

Sounds a bit like a couple of small ball bearings rattling in a bearing race, which I guess the armrest does have as it moves forward.

I'll have to try the banging down to see if it settles the bearings.