2-DIN - player for Octavia I

Hello,

has anybody installed aftermarket 2-DIN DVD/NAVI to Octavia I? Is it just plug in and drive or is there anything that should be aware before installing? ie. fitment problems etc.

Second question is speakers. I know that the size for front speakers in 6,5" and they should be quite slim. But how slim is ok? I´m looking for DLS RS6A which depth is 53mm. Is that ok? I don´t want to cut anything.

Hi FreeZ,

I have fitted a Kenwood double DIN touch screen unit. The only thing I would say that is a bit of a nightmare is all the wires and little boxes that come with the unit. They are tough to fit into the dash nehind the unit. I had to practically get my foot on it to push it into the dash. cage is pretty easy and removing the old unit if i remember wasn't too difficult either.

As to any extra cabling, it depends on which unit you buy. You will probably have to by an ISO adapter to fit the unit.

I haven't done the speakers.

+1 on that! They are a ******* nightmare to push in. I have a single din enonon unit and it took two sets of hands to push it in. There is no space back there and unless you have dainty hands then it might be easier.

I didn't need the ISO adapter for mine. It was ok.

I have vibe sek30's? in my door and they are pretty deep. fecker to get in but they did fit. Slimer speakers would be better but if you have a decent set that are deep they will be fine IMHO.

When it comes to getting one, look for one with SD card input. Means you could basically have all your music on the card and it will be quicker loading than any CD and hold more music and another plus is you don't have to worry if it is charged or not.

Dainty hands is right.

The only way in while you push the unit in is if you take the glove box out. Its really simple, its about 5 star size 15 or 20 screws. Pop it out minding the lead for the light. squeeze that off and youve got access behind the unit as you push it in to move cables out of the way. But nimble hands are definately required.

Are you thinking of wiring any subs/amps in the boot, because you might need to look at this : http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/170969-amp-cable-routing/

It will show you the best way of wiring your kit up.