Problem filling up with fuel

Hi all.

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but my Diesel Vrs has stopped accepting fuel with the nozzle in the way it should be. Instead I have to hold it at the opening and trickle it in. I thought it may have been the station I use but having tried two others it still happens. Took me 10 minutes to fill 50 litres in yesterday! Any thoughts?

Occasionally have the same problem on my Petrol vRS.

However it only "occasionally" and for some reason it's almost always the "pay at pump" pumps at Tesco :-/

Filling the car takes an eternity as you can't squeeze more than a tiny way.

However mine is only "ever so often" - so I've put that down to pump and/or windy weather related.

Might be a pump issue? My Fabia (OK, so different car) will trigger the automatic cut-off instantly in the local Tesco Express or Shell garage if I've fully inserted the fuel nozzle up to or very near to the rubber guard. Doesn't do it at the local Esso garage though. Just have to back off a couple of inches and behaves as normal in my case ...

mine does this occasionally let the fuel level drop to below a quarter and you should have no more problems.

Its as if the vent blocks somehow and stops the fuel getting in