Some Help Needed

Hi all,

well ive had my MK1 Classic for nearly a year now & after changing the flywheel to a solid 1 the car is nice to drive, i drive from the north east to NW London quite alot & get there on 1/4 of a tank, there's a few things i want to know though so i'll number them & if there's any replys can you put them with the number of the qustion thanks.

1: i bought a leather steering wheel & its come with cruise etc on the wheel, i want to know can this be linked upto the ecu so it can be used as i dont have it @ present & what do i need to do?

2: the previous owner had a popy air freshner on the dash & when i took it off it looks like its melted the laquer or something & left a nasty patch, can this be fixed?

3: im wanting to fit a double din unit, what size is needed to fit the hole when the tray & headunit is took out?

4: ive looked on the net for chrome air vent covers & ones for the door handle surrounds as its very bland in the classic cabin, is this just a stealer part or can the be found on the net?

5: is it worth doing a re-map as i think the 100bhp is lacking for the size of the car & the re-map will take it around the 145bhp with alot more touqe.

6: last 1 haha how do you take the back parcel shelf off? it need tidyied up & the flyies hoovered out of the brakelight.

thanks for any help as i do like the car but just a few little things need doing, all my other cars have been performance ones but this is much more economical on the road, tax & insurance :) Marc

In reply to your questions

1: i think it is possible to get the crusie control to work but you also need the stalk that opperates the cruise control..and possibly the extra bit of wiring needed to connect up to the engine side of things and possibly the laptop that contains all the information on the model superb that you have...it wont be easy

2: its possible the residue from the adhesive has reacted with the dash

3:Double din units whether it be sat nav or hifi based should be a straight fit into the existing appearure...dont fit the more modern skoda nav as it will need some alterations to make it fit

4: you can probably access those in a scrap yard on the next spec model like the comfort, or failing that there are kits out there and you can stick them on

5: depending on the mileage a remap will give you a bit more oompff..i've no idea about the price tho

6: tricky that one...i removed the rear led light to suck out dead flies, but basically the parcel shelf is a fixture and fixed to the bulkhead

All the best :thumbup: