MDI - MP3 on usb-disc

xcyber

Anyone know if the mp3-songs have to be on the root of the usb-disc? Or can it be placed in folders on the disc like this? root\mp3\acdc\1978-Powerage

Thougt I read something that the mdi could not handle folders for a long time ago? 500GB of mp3 on the root would be a mess B)

Anyone know if the mp3-songs have to be on the root of the usb-disc? Or can it be placed in folders on the disc like this? root\mp3\acdc\1978-Powerage

Thougt I read something that the mdi could not handle folders for a long time ago? 500GB of mp3 on the root would be a mess B)

Found what I was looking for..

http://www.my-gti.com/3148/volkswagen-media-device-interface-mdi-firmware-upgrades

Only USB 2.0 hard drive and usb flash drives should be attached to the USB cable.

No USB cable extenders should be used, only a USB cable or a USB powered hub.

The hard drive and flash drives should be formatted with the FAT file system FAT16 for <2GB devices and FAT32 for >2GB devices.

Complex file structures will create delays in reading the contents.

Only the first partition is playable if the device has multiple partitions.

Memory card adapters are not supported.

MP3, WMA, OOG Vorbis and AAC format files are supported, 3GP and WMA lossless files are not supported. WMA files that are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected will not play.

Variable Bit Rate (VBR) MP3′s will not show time remaining.

DRM protected M4P and similar files will not generally play back from mass storage (USB).

PLS, B4S, ASX and WPL playlists are supported.

Playlists must reside in the same directory as the media file.

MTP (Media Transfer Protocol – displaying the logo ‘PlaysForSure’ and ‘ReadyForVista’) may take several minutes to start playing as they request information such as battery status and memory usage from the MDI.

Devices can be hot plugged at any time without loss of data.

The Interface provides 5V for charging (standard USB)

Folder structure should not exceed 8 folder levels and folders should contain no more than 1000 files.

The Apple iPod and iPhone should only be connected with the iPod cable with the exception of the iPod Shuffle which can connect through the USB cable.