New VRS owner - couple of pics and some questions

OU51

I would say not, as that ebay listing says they are compatible with 1.6 / 1.8 / 1.9TDi etc which all ride higher than the VRS. Also the 1.8T is (I think) the 4x4 version and again different from the 1.8T VRS.

It's difficult because it seems even when proper garages do a search for parts even if they enter the reg number of a VRS, the search results give them the part number of non-VRS springs which is why it's sp easy to get the wrong ones by mistake (which is how I expect my car ended up with one side hiher than the pther when I bought it.

To get around this I got a set of 4 H&R -20mm springs for the same cost of what would have been just 2 offical VRS ones. However I wouldn't recommend this as on my car at least they are too strong for the shocks which means when you hit a bump the front tends to bounce up too far which feel realy bad.

Best to bite the bullet and get proper VRS ones from Skoda, or if you go aftermarket also replace the shocks too. :sweat:

Any idea how much I'm looking at from skoda ?

TPS will also supply the correct springs. If you've got one near.

Had mine replaced at my local highly recommended indy (ex Škoda tech) last year after one snapped over Xmas, and he got the springs from TPS. Part number is 1J0411105AJ. Invoice states the cost at £89.01 per spring.

Hope this helps a bit.

TPS will also supply the correct springs. If you've got one near.

Had mine replaced at my local highly recommended indy (ex Škoda tech) last year after one snapped over Xmas, and he got the springs from TPS. Part number is 1J0411105AJ. Invoice states the cost at £89.01 per spring.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers mate will have a look

So i will take in decision or to sell the 2 months old non oem springs and find an original one , or just take it out and cut off a bit to set to the correct height ????

It doesnt make too stiff i think as perhaps just a bit of cut from spring would be enought to reduce 1,5 cm aprox

Of course the oem would be the best choice but i will take in decision how much it cost , and am i able to sell the other ones ...

:D     i'm hasitating 2 month ago , sometimes seemed its ok the height sometimes its too high :D ...grrrr