Do I Have two rear fogs?

Hi everyone Im new here so hello.

I have recently bought a Superb 1 2.0 Elegance Tdi. It has a couple of faults one of which is the bulb failure warning keeps appearing on the dash. It comes on at random, sometimes at start up and sometimes for no obvious reason when driving along in daylight.

I did find a duff reverse bulb which I changed but the problem persists, The only other thing I can see is that I appear to only have a rear fog on the drivers side, should I have one on both sides as this may be another duff bulb.

Any other suggestions welcome.

thanks

Steve

Mk 1 Superbs are notorious for bad electrics, it could be a difficult one to nail down. I'm afraid I've never been behind my Superb when it is reversing so I have no idea if it has two reversing lights or not! You need to read up about oil pump failures here if you have bought a 2.0 TDi it is a much more expensive problem than a bulb blowing. HTH.

Edited by Fred Bloggs

The Mk 1 Superb has one rear foglamp as standard - not good from either a lamp failure point of view (no failure sense fitted to the foglamp) or when driving abroad on the right.

My Mk 1 now has two rear foglamps; everything is there except the wiring which I fitted when installing a towbar. All works well - VAG penny pinching again.

rotodiesel.

Hi everyone Im new here so hello.

I have recently bought a Superb 1 2.0 Elegance Tdi.

Any other suggestions welcome.

thanks

Steve

Welcome to the forum Steve,

Nothing to add regarding the fog light that has not previously been said, but do yourself a HUUUUGE favour and read up on the oil pump problem that effects the MKI Superb fitted with the 2.0 PD140 engine ..... then sell it before it bites you on the ass and costs you thousands emoticon-0106-crying.gif