Briskoda/Dover Responder Car

dovercfr

Folks, after a chat with Colin, he has approved my fund raising on this forum for our Community Responder Skoda Octavia which requires the application of the ambulance markings at a cost of £610, in return we will be displaying the BRISKODA weblink on the car for the duration of it's service, we have already had a fabulous donation from one member so if anyone would like to donate via cheque (payable to "Dover Community First Responders") please message me for my address or I do have a paypal if that is easier and I will transfer the donation direct from my bank to the responders account.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Great news. Really good idea.

Is there a chance of getting a few things sorted:

1. Mods - can you make this a sticky

2. Paul - can you keep us updated with a running total of funds raised? As I'm sure all briskodians would like to be able to see how the progress is going.

3. As and when it's finalised and of course service premitting could you get the car along to the National meet? It'd be great to get some photo's

4. Why not talk to Cliff (Pastyboy) and see if he could make up some Briskoda/Dover Responder T-Shirt designs which perhaps people could buy through the Briskoda shop with a slice going to the site and to your fundraising??

Please PM me with your paypal address so I can donate!!

The local ambulance trust might want to contribute, given that your attendance at category A 999 calls counts for ORCON, & that is one of the performance measures they are measured by, & that performance has financial connotations!!

In short, your voluntary efforts help the Trust attain a better budget.

• Like 1

I will reply in here as this thread is split into 3 over Introductions as it is lol

Yes it is, they run a risk assessment and found that using our bike was going to be too dangerous, i fail to understand how riding at the normal road speed and regulations is dangerous???

I am mighty impressed at your dedication being prepared to sacrifice your own motorbike WOW! :o

pm me your paypal address pls

Thanks for this guys, paypal is: [email protected]

The t-shirt idea is interesting, will look into it!

Does a BRISKODA sticker already exsist just wondering how to have one made for the car if not?

National meeting, most certainly!

Running total, will find a bar graph to use and will post updates as they happen.

Thanks everyone so far.

Paul

Awwww damn you found me!!! LOL

Paul

I found your pic too and cant find it now YOU HAVE THE COOLEST HAIR IVE EVER SEEN!

Noooooo, don't say things like that!!!

By the way thankyou very much for the super donation!!

Its as good as I could do today im afraid even though its pay day im on almost half pay at mo while im off work still post accident. Hope you can get the funds ASAP and get her all stickered up and some nice pics on here

Its as good as I could do today im afraid even though its pay day im on almost half pay at mo while im off work still post accident. Hope you can get the funds ASAP and get her all stickered up and some nice pics on here

At this rate i don't think it'll be very long, i'm planning a street collection soon in the town, last one netted £100 in 5 hours.

Paul

At this rate i don't think it'll be very long, i'm planning a street collection soon in the town, last one netted £100 in 5 hours.

Paul

Good stuff hope its not long for you

Great news. Really good idea.

Is there a chance of getting a few things sorted:

1. Mods - can you make this a sticky

2. Paul - can you keep us updated with a running total of funds raised? As I'm sure all briskodians would like to be able to see how the progress is going.

3. As and when it's finalised and of course service premitting could you get the car along to the National meet? It'd be great to get some photo's

4. Why not talk to Cliff (Pastyboy) and see if he could make up some Briskoda/Dover Responder T-Shirt designs which perhaps people could buy through the Briskoda shop with a slice going to the site and to your fundraising??

Please PM me with your paypal address so I can donate!!

My son Kevin (Carnival clown) will be at Castle Combe and is the team leader for CFR Marlborough....he will have his kit with him and will be more than happy to explain what he does and show what kit he carries if anyone is interested

post-3734-0-61477200-1314861885_thumb.jpg

I'll have a chat to Kevin @ Combe as I'm not on myfriendsbebobookreunitedfacespaceplace or the like :giggle:

here is the info on the page...

Basic Information

About CfrFor a person suffering a heart attack, stroke or other similar emergency, receiving clinical help in the first few minutes can literally be the difference between life and death.

Community first responders (CFRs) are a vital part of our emergency care services, able to provide the essential care and treatment for a patient in those first minutes following an emergency.

CFRs are volunteers who respond from their home addresses or places of work to patients with immediately life-threatening medical emergencies.

They are NOT an alternative to an ambulance. CFRs provide life-saving care to patients, often in rural areas, while the professional ambulance crew is on the way.

There are currently around 300 CFRs across the region covered by Great Western Ambulance Service (GWAS). Each week, around 300 life-threatening incidents are attended by CFRs, by people using defibrillation equipment placed in public areas, or by co-responders such as firefighters or police.

A CFR operates within a three-mile radius of their home or place of work, meaning they are able to get to the scene of an emergency very quickly; the average time it takes for a CFR to arrive on scene is 2.5 minutes, while the vast majority (92%) of CFRs are providing life-saving emergency care to a patient within six minutes of a 999 call for help.

What kind of emergences do CFRs attend?

CFRs attend particular types of medical emergencies where it is essential for the patient to receive immediate life-saving care. This includes conditions such as:

* cardiac arrest

* chest pain

* breathing difficulties

* unconscious patients

* fitting

* stroke

CFRs are not sent to many other particular types of incidents, including:

* road traffic collisions

* other incidents involving traumatic injuries

* incidents involving children

You do not need any previous medical training to become a CFR. GWAS currently has a whole host of people available to save lives in their local community, including nurses, engineers, postal workers and teachers. You do need:

* a full driving licence

* good interpersonal and communication skills

* the ability to observe and accurately record details

* the ability to take the lead and remain calm in pressured situations

What does the application process involve?

When you apply to become a CFR, you complete:

* an application form

* a health check form, which is posted directly to our doctor

* a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) form

You will then be invited for interview, and will be asked to bring along the CRB form. You will be told at the interview if you have been successful – subject to the CRB check.

Once that check comes back, your training is booked – and is available at weekends or during the week to suit you. You will receive four days’ training over a period, covering

* patient assessment

* respiration and airway management

* basic life support

* defibrillation

* circulation and shock

* medical related emergencies

* trauma related emergencies

* the pre-hospital environment

From first application to training can take up to three months, depending on the speed of response from the CRB. You will also ride out as an observer with an ambulance crew to gain a better understanding of the role.

It is important to remember that attending people in critical, life-threatening situation can be upsetting. However, the GWAS network makes sure there is someone to help 24 hours a day.

How can I find out more?

If you live in the Great Western Ambulance Service area and would like to know more about becoming a community first responder at work or from home, please get in touch with us, or contact GWAS on: 0117 928 0485.

Contact Information

Email

What kind of training do you receive with this kind of scheme? I got FPOS Intermediate Level through LIVES / Lincs Fire & Rescue and respond in a fire service vehicle under blues.

Best of luck with the fund raising. First responders do make a difference, even if it's just to put the casualty at ease whilst they wait for an ambulance.

Kev

• Like 1

I've been doing this three years nearly, I have and still goto calls involving children, one of my first ever calls was to a 3 month old baby not breathing properly, we do end up on trauma jobs as you can never tell until you get there exactly what you have goto deal with, no we don't deal with RTCs, although i have been first on scene at a head on RTC and stabilised the most seriously injured until more help arrived. No we don't goto drunks (yeah right!!).

Hello

Paul, I agree with you on the types of calls. For the benefit of everyone else; when a call comes in to 999 there are times when it isn't catagorised correctly or information is wrong, considering the situation in which you would dial 999 this is understandable. CFR's should not be called to incidents on a major road. I have however been called to a seizure on a double decker bus on a NSL road. I've not done any drunk calls, but then I don't often book on on a Saturday night.

I believe St John Ambulance/GWAS train CFR's to FPOS Basic. Although our certificates are for "Community First Responder". There are pro's and con's to being a First Responder group linked with St John Ambulance. We have far less freedom to fundraise for ourselves. If I were to float the idea of a Response Car they would shoot it down. I'm planning a fundraise event in November, initially for Wiltshire CFR's but it became too political so i've had to do it for SJA instead, even though the money will all go to the same places it was nice to have that local element.

CFR's or indeed anyone with the ability to help has a duty of care. I tend to keep my kit in the car even when I'm not on call. I've come across to RTC's that I've been able to assist with.

CFR's provide immediate care, but as someone said, a big part of it is calming the casualty and friends/relatives/bystanders down. You can see people quickly relax when they open the door for you.

I'll be at Castle Coombe next weekend if anyone has any questions. I can help put people in touch with the local groups if they would like to know more.

Kev

Hello

Paul, I agree with you on the types of calls. For the benefit of everyone else; when a call comes in to 999 there are times when it isn't catagorised correctly or information is wrong, considering the situation in which you would dial 999 this is understandable. CFR's should not be called to incidents on a major road. I have however been called to a seizure on a double decker bus on a NSL road. I've not done any drunk calls, but then I don't often book on on a Saturday night.

I believe St John Ambulance/GWAS train CFR's to FPOS Basic. Although our certificates are for "Community First Responder". There are pro's and con's to being a First Responder group linked with St John Ambulance. We have far less freedom to fundraise for ourselves. If I were to float the idea of a Response Car they would shoot it down. I'm planning a fundraise event in November, initially for Wiltshire CFR's but it became too political so i've had to do it for SJA instead, even though the money will all go to the same places it was nice to have that local element.

CFR's or indeed anyone with the ability to help has a duty of care. I tend to keep my kit in the car even when I'm not on call. I've come across to RTC's that I've been able to assist with.

CFR's provide immediate care, but as someone said, a big part of it is calming the casualty and friends/relatives/bystanders down. You can see people quickly relax when they open the door for you.

I'll be at Castle Coombe next weekend if anyone has any questions. I can help put people in touch with the local groups if they would like to know more.

Kev

Excellent Kev, keep up the great work!

Paul