Exhaust control system light

Hi all. I've searched the forum and this seems a reasonably common problem, though more for diesels (DPF issues) than petrol. Mine's a petrol and the light came on Wednesday night. Fortunately it's still under extended warranty (just) and I took it to the dealer today. They said it's a valve on the cylinder (I forget what the cylinder's called) that is to the rear left of the engine bay as you look at it and its function is to reburn exhaust gases. There was no loss of power and little, if any, effect on economy. I've been doing research since Wednesday and this exhaust control system light seems to be triggered by a multitude of things - why is it so fragile/sensitive? I've had the Octavia for a year, and bar being rear-ended the day I bought it, I've enjoyed owning it and reckon it's all-round (due to performance, comfort, economy and carrying capacity) the best car I've owned. Being without the comfort of the warranty bothers me though - should I invest in another extended warranty?

Hi all. I've searched the forum and this seems a reasonably common problem, though more for diesels (DPF issues) than petrol. Mine's a petrol and the light came on Wednesday night. Fortunately it's still under extended warranty (just) and I took it to the dealer today. They said it's a valve on the cylinder (I forget what the cylinder's called) that is to the rear left of the engine bay as you look at it and its function is to reburn exhaust gases. There was no loss of power and little, if any, effect on economy. I've been doing research since Wednesday and this exhaust control system light seems to be triggered by a multitude of things - why is it so fragile/sensitive? I've had the Octavia for a year, and bar being rear-ended the day I bought it, I've enjoyed owning it and reckon it's all-round (due to performance, comfort, economy and carrying capacity) the best car I've owned. Being without the comfort of the warranty bothers me though - should I invest in another extended warranty?

Hi,I have a 59 plate VRS CR with 45k on the clock and my car is now in its 3rd week with the dealer due to its engine management light being on,my local dealer Arnold Clark Inverness could not find the fault so it was escalated to Skoda technical who could not find the fault and now it has been handed over to the Skoda factory to provide a solution.I feel that their is a lot of talk and scratching of heads going on but little action taking place,no one can give me any explanation as to what they think may be wrong or as to when I can hope to have my car back,has anyone come accross a similar problem or ever heard of a problem going to factory level?

Hi,I have a 59 plate VRS CR with 45k on the clock and my car is now in its 3rd week with the dealer due to its engine management light being on,my local dealer Arnold Clark Inverness could not find the fault so it was escalated to Skoda technical who could not find the fault and now it has been handed over to the Skoda factory to provide a solution.I feel that their is a lot of talk and scratching of heads going on but little action taking place,no one can give me any explanation as to what they think may be wrong or as to when I can hope to have my car back,has anyone come accross a similar problem or ever heard of a problem going to factory level?