Horrible creaking noises after Cupra console bushed fitted at Awesome GTI

Shadowphax

I had the console bushes replaced with cupra type at Awesome GTI after seeing that they are recommended on this site.

I'm not sure they have done the job right. There is now an awful creaking noise from the passenger side when going over any bumps.

I did take it back to them on the day they did it but they said it was the front anti-rollbar bushes and not the console bushes. They were OK before the work Awesome did.

I've had a quick look at the bushes and they appear to have go the axial alignment wrong. That is, the little nipple moulded into Cupra bush to indicate aligment of the hexagon hole is a long way out on the passenger side. This would result in the flat of hexagon not being horizontal along the bottom of the bush.

Could this mis-aligment be causing the god-awful creaking noise or are Awesome correct in saying it's the arb bushes?

If so, why were they silent before fitting the cupra bushes?

I replaced the drop-arm links with the heavy duty Meyle ones before having the console bushes replaced. All was quiet until the console bushes were done at Awesome Gti.

I'm going to get the local VAG guy to have a look first as Awesome is almost 50 miles away.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Shadowphax

PS. Wanna sell your Xenon's?

I actually wish the car didn't have xenons. Don't get me wrong as they are great, but the cost if anything goes wrong or even if a bulb fails is a bit daunting. It looks like replacing a bulb isn't too bad but certainly not the 2 minutes job of an ordinary headlight. Just to ensure the haedlights don't get cracked (they are about £500 each!) I used the laminex clear film to protect them.

I had a another Fabia with normal headlights and with Ring +50% halogen bulbs the lights were simply superb without all the extra stuff required for xenons.