1.2 Tsi High Mileage News

Expatman

Who has the highest mieage 1.2 Tsi out there?

Yeti has been around long enough for there to be 50k+ miles so wondered how the engine was ageing - oil consumption, repairs etc. Also is the Yeti staying tight and rattle free? My Octavia Estate DSG drives like new so hopefully Yeti ages as well?

Who has the highest mieage 1.2 Tsi out there?

Yeti has been around long enough for there to be 50k+ miles so wondered how the engine was ageing - oil consumption, repairs etc. Also is the Yeti staying tight and rattle free? My Octavia Estate DSG drives like new so hopefully Yeti ages as well?

My Wife's 1.2TSi has now done 21k (a little short of 50k!) and doesn't have a single rattle or squeak. The engine hasn't used any oil since it's last service.

Hi,

I have now done 31,005 in my 1.2tsi Elegance which was delivered in April 2010.

No problems and only had to put in 0.5 litre of oil at 16k miles, none since than. Serviced at 18K (variable service) and back at the dealer once for fitting of rear foils under warranty. Slight rattle from the chrome rings round speedo and Rev counter on occassion but no other issues. Excellent engine and my average fuel consumpion from new has been 41.54 MPG (actual) with mixed driving. Very pleased with my Yeti and will replace with another Yeti next year.

Del

Hi,

I have now done 31,005 in my 1.2tsi Elegance which was delivered in April 2010.

No problems and only had to put in 0.5 litre of oil at 16k miles, none since than. Serviced at 18K (variable service) and back at the dealer once for fitting of rear foils under warranty. Slight rattle from the chrome rings round speedo and Rev counter on occassion but no other issues. Excellent engine and my average fuel consumpion from new has been 41.54 MPG (actual) with mixed driving. Very pleased with my Yeti and will replace with another Yeti next year.

Del

Will you replace with 1.2 tsi or something "more powerful"?

Probably stick with the 1.2tsi as I really like the performance of the car, more than adequate for my use.

I considered the 1.4tsi but fuel consumption seems quite a bit poorer (particulary Urban cyle) for the gain in performance plus increase in emmissions / road tax as well.

I had a test drive in a demo 1.6crd Greenline a few weeks ago, it was ok but definately felt more sluggish off the mark than the 1.2tsi but fine when you get some speed up. The 1.6 diesel was certainly noisier at start-up and when accelerating and also seemed to take much longer to reach normal temperature compared with my current 1.2. As you may gather I was less impressed with the Greenline and thought it quite expensive when you consider you cannot add many options such as spare wheel, sunroof, heated windscreen or sound upgrade etc.

Del

Probably stick with the 1.2tsi as I really like the performance of the car, more than adequate for my use.

I considered the 1.4tsi but fuel consumption seems quite a bit poorer (particulary Urban cyle) for the gain in performance plus increase in emmissions / road tax as well.

I had a test drive in a demo 1.6crd Greenline a few weeks ago, it was ok but definately felt more sluggish off the mark than the 1.2tsi but fine when you get some speed up. The 1.6 diesel was certainly noisier at start-up and when accelerating and also seemed to take much longer to reach normal temperature compared with my current 1.2. As you may gather I was less impressed with the Greenline and thought it quite expensive when you consider you cannot add many options such as spare wheel, sunroof, heated windscreen or sound upgrade etc.

Del

Thanks for your views - I am in the process of deciding what car to replace my '55 plate Octavia 2.0 diesel DSG with, shortlist includes Yeti 1.2 Tsi DSG Elegance and Golf Match 1.4 Tsi DSG. Head says Golf, heart says Yeti.

Golf seems to do everything well but is somehow soulless with a dull interior and although the performance is better than the 1.2 Yeti it only really makes a difference at higher speeds (> 60 mph). As you can see I really want the Yeti but have to find a way of overruling my calculating head!

Thanks for your views - I am in the process of deciding what car to replace my '55 plate Octavia 2.0 diesel DSG with, shortlist includes Yeti 1.2 Tsi DSG Elegance and Golf Match 1.4 Tsi DSG. Head says Golf, heart says Yeti.

Golf seems to do everything well but is somehow soulless with a dull interior and although the performance is better than the 1.2 Yeti it only really makes a difference at higher speeds (> 60 mph). As you can see I really want the Yeti but have to find a way of overruling my calculating head!

We had the Golf SE on our short list along with the Yeti - as you say the Golf is just dull and didn't make me want to spend money on it.

I found the Golf SE to be more expensive and have a lower specification than the Yeti SE - so head and heart were happy! :)

I doubt if we'd bought the Golf I'd have had complete strangers coming up to me and asking about it either, like they have with the Yeti! :yes:

Edited by HKPhooey