Leaky door seals

Ian M

Finally got round to sorting my fronts, which had started to annoy me.

Used this: UniBond Flextec FT101 Sealant.

Not cheap (about £10 from Screwfix) but has all the right qualifications for the job: quick cure, sticks well - even to damp substrates, waterproof.

Recommended.

I'm hoping the Gutter sealant I got works! Still not got around to sorting mine - they have carrier bag 'curtains' on at the moment!

I've seen folks quoting that they've used this successfully, but if it's anything like the stuff I bought (for a real roofing job) it takes absolutely ages to cure and is difficult to tool.

Finally got round to sorting my fronts, which had started to annoy me.

Used this: UniBond Flextec FT101 Sealant.

Not cheap (about £10 from Screwfix) but has all the right qualifications for the job: quick cure, sticks well - even to damp substrates, waterproof.

Recommended.

The Plumbers Gold I bought at Toolstation was much cheaper and does the same thing (damp substrates etc). Toolstation always seems to be better value than Screwfix and in Gloucester they're virtually on the same road.

The holes are right at the very bottom and small. Just stick a small screw driver or your key in there and give a little wiggle :) there's 2/3 in total.

What he said, they are on the door skin right at the bottom of your door. You will see if you get on your hands and knees. The Octavia have just 1 opening and it's massive. If it's rained quite a bit over night it looks like your car is taking a leek

What he said, they are on the door skin right at the bottom of your door. You will see if you get on your hands and knees. The Octavia have just 1 opening and it's massive. If it's rained quite a bit over night it looks like your car is taking a leek

Thanks, guys. Found them and gave them a good jiggle with a screwdriver.