Irish Servicing costs!?!?

Hi guys, just wondering what sort of money peeps were paying for servicing around Ireland... for the 30,000 mile service (plus brake fluid change) Ive been quoted approx 370 Euros inc vat, I also had a service previously, just a diag check oil and filter change 150 euros... both quotes from main dealers... is this the norm?

Cheers

Fergal

Can't help you Fergal, a friend of mine services my car. I buy the parts (I don't trust anyone to get these). Have never gone to a main dealer for a service. Not since I saw the state of the workshop and the gobsh*tes in a large VW dealers in north Dublin :eek:

I'm the same as Dave no main dealer for me, the'll just give it to some young lad to do! I'v always do my own cars. I'v done 20K in my car and all it's had is 4 oil changes, that works out 152euro for oil and 20 for filters, air filter is KnN so i just clean that out! Plugs do not have to be changed till 40K.

Sounds like I have been getting great service deals....

Just had the 50k service done a while back. All the usual stuff plus, pollen filter, and spark plugs (they didn't do the clutch fluid though). Total cost €167 incl. VAT at the local Skoda dealers... and that was by far the most expensive service so far.

My 30k was around the same price as pdhealy, although my brake fluid wasn't changed (it would surprise me if the muppet didn't bother changing it if he was supposed to).

Wouldn't be going back there anyhow :)

I Know Dave this is the first motor thats gotten main delaer servicing' date=' its fookin shockin that money! at the most its oil n filters maybe plugs, i could get the parts for less than a ton,

BPM, do you mind me asking where that was?[/quote']

Yup, Phoenix Motors.

They always do a good job too. <- Shameless Plug

****e, thats whos quoted for the work, TMC dont look so bad now :( feck it might as well do it meself then ;) PD where did you get the service?

Monaghan & Sons (Skoda dealer), Castlebar. It's where I bought the car. They always offered me a courtesy car, and never once tried to charge me for it. Not sure how diligent they are when it comes to following the list of items to be carried out at each service, but they do the essentials, and cheaply. Have had 5 services, and 4 of the 5 have cost in and around €100 incl. VAT, and the 50k cost €167 incl. VAT.

It always depends on what you need to get done on the car. There are standard servicing costs for all the dealers.

If its out of warranty, then you might as well do it yourslelf. Just find someone with VAGCOM to check out for fault codes etc

• 2 weeks later...
20k service costing me 150yo yo in Longford, spot on dealers too!

Is that Shaws? I bought my 00 Combi new from him - he's a good guy. I never went to him for a service cos I have the misfortune to live in Dublin and it's too much of a p.i.t.a. to go to Longford.

In Dublin, I have been pillaged by Phoenix, Kealys and Autostation. Phoenix at least did the work right, the other two claimed to have done work they didn't, and charged like a wounded bull in the process. In all cases I have been shocked at the prices.

At this stage, I'd be happy with non-dealer servicing. Any recommendations for the Dublin area?

What about resetting the "service" indicator - is that something you can do yourself?

Is that Shaws? I bought my 00 Combi new from him - he's a good guy. I never went to him for a service cos I have the misfortune to live in Dublin and it's too much of a p.i.t.a. to go to Longford.

In Dublin' date=' I have been pillaged by Phoenix, Kealys and Autostation. Phoenix at least did the work right, the other two claimed to have done work they didn't, and charged like a wounded bull in the process. In all cases I have been shocked at the prices.

At this stage, I'd be happy with non-dealer servicing. Any recommendations for the Dublin area?

What about resetting the "service" indicator - is that something you can do yourself?[/quote']

yup, shaws, They are fairly sound, reasonable too. The one in Navan is pretty cheap too if thats any good to you! Im in maynooth myself, its only an hour from longford, i'd rather drive down and do some shoping r something than pay the dublin dealers at least double!

I've seen it around. Always had a soft spot for the Goddess. :thumbup: and also for a SM Maserati that I used to see @ shows here.

BTW your car looks fantastic

Cheers - I love it to bits (sometimes literally). The Octy is actually my wife's but it's nice to occasionally drive something younger than 33 years old!