New tyres/alignment Octy Vrs

Vrs06

Hi folks i know this is an old topic but getting 2 new rear tyres and wheel alignment done wed under warranty on my 06 Octavia Vrs with 18" factory alloys can someone just confirm the latest settings so i don't get fobbed off by dealer and the alignment garage don't want have to replace tyres again for a good while i think i'll even go with them when they take car to check its spot on , thanks.

Hi folks i know this is an old topic but getting 2 new rear tyres and wheel alignment done wed under warranty on my 06 Octavia Vrs with 18" factory alloys can someone just confirm the latest settings so i don't get fobbed off by dealer and the alignment garage don't want have to replace tyres again for a good while i think i'll even go with them when they take car to check its spot on , thanks.

Rear Camber Values

Due to a number of complaints regarding rear tyre noise and wear on Octavia A5 vehicles, the rear camber values can be changed to the following settings -

Old values are: -1°45' ± 30'

New values are: -1°20' ± 30'

This information applies to Standard and Sport suspension.

Source

Thanks for that i'll make sure thats the ones they use tommorrow, i just don't trust main dealers so that info is great for me as a new Octavia owner, can't wait to be free of the constant drone.

I had my tyres fitted today and those latest camber settings and hooray no more drone, also my aircon compressor had arrived and that got fitted and had all 4 coilpacks replaced under a re-call so happy days and i can now start enjoying my Vrs

I gave the service manager the settings that Matt posted and he said he would double check to see if they were the revised and correct ones and personally make sure the garage doing the alignment made the correct adjustment i can only presume now that it as got the right settings as he did mention it again when i collected the car , Thanks for the reply Nick and i'll defo monitor the situation cuz next time the tyres will have to be paid for by me plus could'nt stand that droning noise again

I had my tyres fitted today and those latest camber settings and hooray no more drone, also my aircon compressor had arrived and that got fitted and had all 4 coilpacks replaced under a re-call so happy days and i can now start enjoying my Vrs

Can you confirm the coilpack recall please? I have a 56 plate vRS and have not received any notification.

When i spoke to the prev owner of my car he said he'd had a re-call letter but gave it in to the dealer when he p/x'd the car and yesterday when i took the car in they said it was on the system and they would check the part numbers on the coilpacks to see if they needed replacing which mine did , if it helps or makes any difference mine is an 06 Octavia Vrs , i think i'd get in touch with your local dealer and ask them to check saves them failing on you and a breakdown.

When i spoke to the prev owner of my car he said he'd had a re-call letter but gave it in to the dealer when he p/x'd the car and yesterday when i took the car in they said it was on the system and they would check the part numbers on the coilpacks to see if they needed replacing which mine did , if it helps or makes any difference mine is an 06 Octavia Vrs , i think i'd get in touch with your local dealer and ask them to check saves them failing on you and a breakdown.

Cheers, will be on the blower to the dealer at 9.

Edited by djdazzy

Rear Camber Values

Due to a number of complaints regarding rear tyre noise and wear on Octavia A5 vehicles, the rear camber values can be changed to the following settings -

Old values are: -1°45' ± 30'

New values are: -1°20' ± 30'

This information applies to Standard and Sport suspension.

Source

I v had this problem since new, took it to skoda in germay (where im basred) and told me theres nothing wrong im on my 2nd set tyers and there wearing on the inside edge and has a noise like a wheel bearngs gone does this new camber sort this out and why no recall?

I v had this problem since new, took it to skoda in germay (where im basred) and told me theres nothing wrong im on my 2nd set tyers and there wearing on the inside edge and has a noise like a wheel bearngs gone does this new camber sort this out and why no recall?

A recall would cost Skoda a lot of money, I have had my geometry set correctly now after 5 years of driving and it handles and sounds like a different car. First set of tyres only lasted 12000 miles. Recommend to get it done as a set of tyres just cost me another 400GBP and the geometry changes only 60GBP. All set on the new nominals now and surprise surprise no noise from the backend.

So far its all good no tyre noise which is great because that constant drone off the saw toothed rear tyres drove me mad and had the revised settings on mine so hopefully thats the end of the problem now although i do agree if its a problem Skoda should have done a re-call but as mentioned in one of previous post its all down to money, hope ya manage to get sorted soon though its a big difference when done

Not sure because my mate as got 06 Vrs Octavia same as me and never had an issue with tyres or alignment and mileage is similar to mine , yet alot are having the saw toothing probs