'10 Plate Octavia Climate Question

Hi,

I have a question about my climate / air conditioning...

For instance - if I disable the AC and put the fan on setting 2, disable the dual function so it's a single control and set the temperature dial to 18 I get a cool'ish air flow.

As I increase the dial up to 24 there isn't much varaition in the temperature - there is a little - it gets a bit warmer but not by much.

As soon as we go over 24 it gets a lot warmer and 25 / hot produces nice hot air - how it should.

Been into the dealer today, to get them to check it and they didn't find anything wrong - they compared mine to another Octavia as they said it was about the same. I didn't witness the "control" vehicle testing though.

Is this normal??

Cheers

Lee

What you have is climate control - not a heater.

If the interior of the car is around 20-22 I would expect the behaviour you describe.

The last thing you want with climate control is a system that blasts in hot or cold air at every change of a couple of degrees on the control. You want gentle gradual changes. The greater the difference between setting and current temperature, the hotter or colder the air that is blown in to adjust to your new setting. If you want a blow of hot air use the red setting on the temperature dial.

I used to drive a Subaru Outback: great car but it had the worst climate control ever! If you increased the temperature by 1 degree it would immediately blast in hot air; it would overshoot and switch to icey cold air to compensate, then hot, then cold etc etc until you gave up and switched it off!

In comparison the Octavia Dual Zone climate control just works - beautifully and unobtrusively.

What you have is climate control - not a heater.

If the interior of the car is around 20-22 I would expect the behaviour you describe.

The last thing you want with climate control is a system that blasts in hot or cold air at every change of a couple of degrees on the control. You want gentle gradual changes. The greater the difference between setting and current temperature, the hotter or colder the air that is blown in to adjust to your new setting. If you want a blow of hot air use the red setting on the temperature dial.

I used to drive a Subaru Outback: great car but it had the worst climate control ever! If you increased the temperature by 1 degree it would immediately blast in hot air; it would overshoot and switch to icey cold air to compensate, then hot, then cold etc etc until you gave up and switched it off!

In comparison the Octavia Dual Zone climate control just works - beautifully and unobtrusively.

^^^^^^^^^ what he said