1.4TSI

mdk1

Had a 1.4TSI engined Oct'y Est. today for a few hours whilst mine was in the Dealers.

Have to say not a bad engine, felt nice and smooth and felt able to cope with the Est, body.

Didn't feel slow, but didn't have the same omph as my 2.0tdi.

So i tryed to see how the mpg faired.

So returned fro the dealers via the motorway at an indicated 60-65mph distance about 15miles and got 44.7mpg on the trip comp. which i thought wasn't to bad compared to my trip there in my 2.0tdi with a slightly heavier right foot of 47.6 mpg.

To go back to the dealers i went through the towns about 9miles and got 37.8mpg.

On the way home from the dealers i picked up Lynsey's mk1 Oct'y tdi from here work about 1/2mile from the dealers, and drove back through the town to home and got an indicated 64.3mpg.

So would i buy a 1.4TSI?

I'm not sure, i like the shove of my 2.0tdi and if i take it easy can see upto 60mpg.

On the other had the smoothness of the petrol was nice, think i would need to try a 1.8TSI.

Have owned my 1.4TSI with DSG for a year now,most of my driving is urban so fuel consumption is in high 30`s.Was down @ Santa Pod a few weeks ago a got a chance to give it a bit of oooomph.Not disappointed but felt a bit more mid-range power was required.So as one does popped in to see Ben @ Shark Performance on way home & had a Stage1 with STS carried out.

Now have the best of both worlds without the expense of going up to a 1.8TSI.Stating the obvious that if you want more power get a bigger engine always applies in most cases,but if your budget is tight compromises have to be made.I would imagine a !.8TSI with a remap would give a standard vRS a good run for its money????