Skoda official roof bars

Hi all,

Has anyone got these:

http://www.accessories.skoda.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?p_no=LAS610001B

I'm considering getting a set but i'm not sure if they are areo bars or not. The reason I ask is I will be predomanantly using this for my Thule bike carrier (532 Freeride), which I used to use on my old car with square Thule bars & I'm just not sure if the bike carrier is Aero friendly or requires an adaptor?

The picture isn't too clear but I'm thinking I could have to buy aero adaptors & this is more money again. :'(

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Mark

Hi,

I have a pair of these and they are indeed aero bars, they have a grove down the centre for a T track fixing which you can purchase separately should your clamps not be wide enough to go around the bar, if you need a measurement for the bar width let me know and I'll sort it tomorrow on my day off.

Cheers Darren

Hi,

I have a pair of these and they are indeed aero bars, they have a grove down the centre for a T track fixing which you can purchase separately should your clamps not be wide enough to go around the bar, if you need a measurement for the bar width let me know and I'll sort it tomorrow on my day off.

Cheers Darren

Darren,

That would be wonderful if you could do this, i'll then compare to my bike carrier & find a close match from my mans stash of wood cut off's that we all decide to keep but never bloody use! LOL

Cheers

Mark

Can I suggest you forget paying the ridiculous sum of money that Skoda want for their bars and purchase a set of these;

http://www.roofbox.c...KvPUP5iBji%7BX9

.......especially as I believe they are actually the same thing! :thumbup:

I've had a pair of these for 3 years and can confirm they fit Pre FL and FL Octy's perfectly. Spare parts are available and they work a treat. I use them with Barracuda cycle carriers.

Your Thule carriers were designed for square steel bars and will not fit alloys - for a start the alloy bars are much larger in profile than the Thule bars and secondly, if you did somehow manage to clamp them I would guarantee that they would severely mark the alloy finish which would of course be a shame.

Can I suggest you forget paying the ridiculous sum of money that Skoda want for their bars and purchase a set of these;

http://www.roofbox.c...KvPUP5iBji%7BX9

.......especially as I believe they are actually the same thing! :thumbup:

I've had a pair of these for 3 years and can confirm they fit Pre FL and FL Octy's perfectly. Spare parts are available and they work a treat. I use them with Barracuda cycle carriers.

Your Thule carriers were designed for square steel bars and will not fit alloys - for a start the alloy bars are much larger in profile than the Thule bars and secondly, if you did somehow manage to clamp them I would guarantee that they would severely mark the alloy finish which would of course be a shame.

Fair comment & i'll check to see if i've got the T adaptors as this might sort out my areo issue on the cycle carrier. The cost is quite low, a fella from work is selling them on our 'For Sale' board, I though they might do for me at the right price of course.

Hi Mark,

The bars are 60mm across, if your buying second hand make sure you get the small torq wrench they came with, this makes sure they are not overtightened. I also have instructions I could copy if need be, but they are easily fitted.

Darren