Sad Day

I'm afraid Google maps doesn't show the new roundabout, it's only been there about 3 months as part of a major road widening project.

It stays 2 lanes down to the next round about, so he can't use that excuse.

Direct line have been a little useless to be honest, they said this evening that he may have admitted fault, but I still haven't even had a call from them to take proper details of the incident.

B

Thanks for all the well wishes, and you are all of course correct, it's just a lump of metal.

I only have 4 years no claims so couldn't protect them, the thought of paying £2k a year again makes me feel sick, lets hope Direct Line fight my case for me.

oh and I actually have 12 years no claims, but due to changing companies before getting my own car I was only able to transfer the 3 years at the last company on to my private policy.

B

I can't believe that will cost £6k! My mate got rear ended by a Transit at 40mph (he was stationary) and also pushed him into a barrier. This was a Polo GT. Full drivers side rear quarter, new rear end, new front bumper and repair to front passenger wing, 2 or 3 new tyres and rear suspension beam and drivers side replacement and finally removal of crease out of passenger rear quarter (although this bit wasn't picked up until about 6months later!!) and that was quoted at £4.5k iirc.

I presume that the sill is part of the main cost for yours as i presume they will need to cut it out and weld a new one in? Bet there is about £10 of damage to the mondeo too!

I just found one distant photo on the highway agency road building website, should give people an idea

Hmm, bit of a stab in the dark, but going from your "DE" prefix and the fact that there aren't too many roads being widened these days, would it be part of the A1(M) upgrade up North...?

You forgot the electronics and the airbags, they cost a fortune!

ah yeah i forgot about the bags :(