1:st week of ownership

THEFOR2

Finally got my 2012 Steel Gray 1.8tsi Experience last week. The first week of ownership has been filled with joy driving it, and exploring all the features. The car is everything I expected, except for two issues:

1. As an engineer I was chocked by the sound of the engine. When I'm starting it, during the first half second or so, it really sounds like a diesel. And lifting up the hood and listening to the sound of it when it is running, I feel that something must be broken. A modern petrol engine that sounds so bad mecanically! I want to add that if I am sitting in the car, I can't hear it. I talked to my dealer, but he tells me that its the normal sound of the fuel injection system of the tsi engines. I have seen some posts from owners complaining about the sound of the 1.8tsi, but I want to hear your experiences about it.

2. I ordered the car with MDI. But to my surprice, there is no aux in in the armrest. I know it can be different in diferent markets, but whose of you who has the MDI option, is the aux in missing in your cars also?

Enjoy the car!!!!!! Just in time for your heavy winter! Guess you already have the winter tyres on?

Modern VAG TSI engine do sound diesel like on start-up. They all do that! You will just have to get used to it! Enjoy the beastie!

Sadly Thefor, the MDI on the Yeti is still not an option for us in the UK, some of us have retrofitted them with the connecting lead exiting in the glovebox.;)