Review Sunny Winter Tyres

dekevrs

Now done 100 or so miles on the Sunny full winter tyres on the four wheels. Bought to go on Monte so 205 40 17. They cost 55 quid each. Come with rim protection.

Handling in dry quite good. I would say 75% of the summer Dunlops. In wet a bit less. I would say 60% the performance. Just not quite the grip and more vague. No snow yet but definitely good tread.

No more noise which is good.

In all quite pleased. Will definitely do the job. Just don't expect summer performance.

As other thread says. Slight scuffs caused when changing we think caused when inflating so mention to fitters.

I bought the Nankangs. Not put them on yet but the tread seems substancial , about 9mm deep in places.

The other thing I noticed is that they have to be fitted with the correct rotational direction - the marking

on the tyre wall is very small and its easy to miss it.

Probably fit mine mid Nov and remove end of March.

John

I bought the Nankangs. Not put them on yet but the tread seems substancial , about 9mm deep in places.

The other thing I noticed is that they have to be fitted with the correct rotational direction - the marking

on the tyre wall is very small and its easy to miss it.

Probably fit mine mid Nov and remove end of March.

John

just put nankangs on mine (vRS) and it was 19 celcius at the WSM meet1 lol... underperform on hot dry roads, which I would expect, but were better when I found some muddy roads, and a moss covered hill climb! lol... I'm sure they will be good when it gets cold.... will post a review of them in the cold weather. :thumbup:

My research this summer showed that Sunny came bottom of most tests and reviews. They were better than the worst summer tyres in snow though but other summers outperformed them in snow.

I eventually bought some Avons.

Here's a brisky discussion on the sunnys

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/181698-sunny-sn3830-winter-tyres/

Do update us though on your experiences.

Edited by Web Ferret