Track My Skoda

Has anyone used www.trackmyskoda.co.uk to track there new vehicle order. I ordered my Superb 4x4 Estate at the begining of September and having got the "SLI Number" from the dealer tried to track my order. All I get from the site is a reply saying that no build date is available yet! The problem is though that you can put any junk number into the system and get the same response - this doen't give me any faith in the website!

Just curious as to whether any of you out there have used this site with any success?

Has anyone used www.trackmyskoda.co.uk to track there new vehicle order. I ordered my Superb 4x4 Estate at the begining of September and having got the "SLI Number" from the dealer tried to track my order. All I get from the site is a reply saying that no build date is available yet! The problem is though that you can put any junk number into the system and get the same response - this doen't give me any faith in the website!

Just curious as to whether any of you out there have used this site with any success?

Either that site is not working or then it's working ;)

The problem is that when a Skoda salesman makes an order, it takes time to get an order confimation when the car is about to be built. Then when he receives the order confirmation it's still unclear when the car will be shipped and when it'll reach its destination.

I tried to ask (quite many times) when my car will be here but the salesman told me that it's quite hard to get that kind of accurate information from the factory. That's just unbelievable. When I ordered two of my SAAB 9-3s (the cars I had before SuperB), the salesman could almost intantly tell me when my car was about to be shipped. Either Skoda doesn't have a very strict and accurate order book or then they have some difficulties to obtain certain parts for their cars?

Just tried to check the status of my SuperB build date and it seems I get the same response as yourself.

"Thank you for your enquiry - Your order is currently awaiting a manufacturing build date."

My dealer has told me verbally that the build week is 46 which I think is 2/3 weeks time so what's going on. Is the dealer trying to keep me quiet or is the Skoda website out of touch with reality ?

The website "Track my vehicle order" is not worth visiting.

I have just put in an order number 11111111 and get the same response as before "Thank you for your enquiry - Your order is currently awaiting a manufacturing build date."

You would have thought that a bogus order number such as I have just input into the system would have a response telling me that it is not a valid order number !!!

I used, track my skoda, ordered through Rainworth Skoda and was given a forcast build date more or less straight away.

A couple of weeks went by and it changed the date forward by 2weeks, a bit later it told me the car was at the docks in Germany, nothing altered for 2 weeks so I called the dealer who said he was just about to call me as he was just watching the car being unloaded !

I found the service to be good and the dealer to be excelent. :thumbup:

www.trackmyskoda.co.uk is a not a national system but used by a couple of dealers.

An order number is raised soon after you order from the dealer as long as they order it from Skoda. It then has an order/tracking number that the dealer has access to. Whether the salesman knows how to do this or can be bothered is another thing entirely.

The trick I used was to bypass the salesman and go direct to the dealers sales admin office, got myself an update every weekemoticon-0148-yes.gif

I would suggest about a week after you have ordered your car car, you insist on being given this order number. You can then ring Skoda Uk direct, quote them the number and they can update you on build date, transit etc.

If the number is not forthcoming from the dealer, I would doubt they have actually placed the order with SUK

I used, track my skoda, ordered through Rainworth Skoda and was given a forcast build date more or less straight away.

A couple of weeks went by and it changed the date forward by 2weeks, a bit later it told me the car was at the docks in Germany, nothing altered for 2 weeks so I called the dealer who said he was just about to call me as he was just watching the car being unloaded !

I found the service to be good and the dealer to be excelent. :thumbup:

Perhaps the quote of an earlier posting that this service is only available to two dealers (Bickerton Skoda & Rainworth Skoda) is correct but why would this be as I know that my dealer in the South of England is one of Skoda's most important outlets for car sales.

A website available to all dealers and their clients would be a very good PR proposal as opposed to discontent from those of us barred from obtaining information about our own purchases.

Thanks to all for your replies - I hadn't realised it was only supported by two dealerships. Agree with some, that this would be a great feature for Skoda UK to run with,as we all (customers) have unique order numbers & it would be useful to keep an eye on delivery times - especially when these times are as prolonged as they seem to be at present!

Is the dealer trying to keep me quiet or is the Skoda website out of touch with reality ?

Maybe your dealer hasn't received the information from the factory and thus is unable to announce the correct building week? Like I wrote, it took a while to get this information from my dealer. Then he told me that my car was about to be built on week 32. I received it in the end of September so the total delivery time was 4 months 3 weeks :S

This site is run and owned by Rainworth and Bickerton Skoda dealerships, not Skoda.

It's not automatic, it needs the dealerships to fill in the data as they get the info from Skoda

Fwiw it works and gives updates on the build week and shipping and I guess it's to try cut down on the number of people phoning and asking where their new car is.

Edited by HarryP