Scored discs on my Yeti

DaveLees

I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that there has been a resistance when letting Scarlets handbrake off, and saw that there is some scoring on her rear discs. :'(

I mentioned this at the garage today when I collected some rubber mats and they said that if it was sticking calipers it would be a warranty job, but if it was the handbrake cable sticking it wasn't a warranty job. She has done 16000 miles so has not been in for her first service yet.

Has anyone else had this problem on their Yeti?

My handbrake was stiff to release, and the dealer said that the level actuating arm had come loose within the console.

Also my front disc was scored, but with a ridge on the disc, the dealer said it was a stone, and refused to replace the disc, strange, if it was a stone then there would have been a trough in the disc rather than a ridge :dull:

My handbrake was stiff to release, and the dealer said that the level actuating arm had come loose within the console.

Also my front disc was scored, but with a ridge on the disc, the dealer said it was a stone, and refused to replace the disc, strange, if it was a stone then there would have been a trough in the disc rather than a ridge :dull:

Just noticed that my yeti handbrake is now stiff when releasing - I better get it checked out

Regards

Mike

Was the handbrake fixed under warranty? And how old was your car and what mileage did it have at that time?

A stiff handbrake is a common problem on the Octavia.

The plastic track that the handbrake handle passes through that slides up and down with the lever gets sticky and jams. Fixed with some WD40.

Is the design similar on the Yeti?

• 9 months later...

Fixed with some WD40.

Bear in mind that WD40 is 80% kerosene plus some perfume and a little oil. It's a good penetrating fluid but a lousy lubricant for the longer term.