Clutch Pedal not returning up

After filling up with petrol this morning I put the car into gear as normal and something broke. The pedal would not spring back up unless I pulled it.

I found these pieces in the footwell.

IMG_20111118_093507.jpg

IMG_20111118_093457.jpg

The clutch is working but not springing back.

I found the issue. The part which connects the master cylinder ball end to the pedal has broke and some times it is dropping down below the connection. Any one have a diagram how this is assembled.

And it looks like the pedal is broke. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Edited by countryboyhaha

The end piece of the box on the side of the pedal has broke, if that makes sense.

Ill upload a pic of the broke pedal when I get a chance

Fair enough :-) I am not overly familiar with what the clutch pedal should look like. I just recall that quite a few people had had issues with plastic bits breaking off and the pedal staying on the floor.

Looks like I need a new pedal, seems like a common problem with VW / Skoda.

At least the dealers has one in stock, just have to figure out how to get there and back

You can drive the car without a working clutch pedal.

To get moving select 2nd gear with the engine turned off then start the car with a small amount of the accelerator, & the car will pull away on the starter motor. To change gear pull the gear stick out of 2nd into neutral & let the revs drop down to idle speed then gently apply a small amount of the accelerator as you push the gearstick into 3rd, & it should slip into gear without a crunching noise if you get it right. It takes a little practice to perfect, but has got me a out of trouble a couple of times in the past.

Edited by pauldazzle

You can drive the car without a working clutch pedal.

To get moving select 2nd gear with the engine turned off then start the car with a small amount of the accelerator, & the car will pull away on the starter motor. To change gear pull the gear stick out of 2nd into neutral & let the revs drop down to idle speed then gently apply a small amount of the accelerator as you push the gearstick into 3rd, & it should slip into gear without a crunching noise if you get it right. It takes a little practice to perfect, but has got me a out of trouble a couple of times in the past.

Well I drove to the outside of the town the main dealers is, about 20 miles, and walked in the rest of the way.

Just home and putting the rubber back on the pedal and will have a crack at putting it back together in the morning. :S

Any one have any idea how to get easily get the white clip on to the master cylinder ball end. Can it be done in place or do i need to remove it.

And if so how.

Was late when I tried it and decided to stop as I knew I could break something :giggle:

All back together and working, :D

I heated up the white clip in boiling water, boiled the water first and then put it in a glass a dropped in clip for a few minutes.

Spring it a pain to get back in but got there in the end.

Now just to change the wishbones and ball joint on the right hand side and thats me for the day.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to open up an old thread but the identical thing happened to me 10 mins ago.

Is it just the clutch pedal I need and if so does anyone have the part number?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Quick one- my pedal was fully depressed when it popped, the selector rod is sticking right out and appears to have no movement in it. How does one release it?