central locking nightmare - HELP please

hxdave

hi there,

was wondering if anyone could help with a major problem i have. I'll give you the full rundown of what has happened.

the window regulator on passenger side packed up a few days ago, and went to replace it. in the process of replacing it, and following a 'how to' guide on here, i had problems removing the connector plug that was inside the door and went to the locking mechanism. Eventually i had to cut the cables in order to continue with the window problem, so then connected all the wires back when re-fitting the door bits.

Now my central locking will not operate, and because i couldnt replace the push down switch on the passenger side door when fitting the door back together again, i cannot lock the passenger side door or the boot, or the boot. the back seat doors can be locked, as can the drivers door, but not passenger or boot. the key only operates the drivers door, and the door lock / unlock buttons on the drivers armconsole are dead, and do nothing!

can anyone help, as due to work i am not sure when i can get it into a garage. any suggestions grateful, as would any skoda mechanics in the halifax / west yorkshire area that would maybe like to help out a fellow member.

Kind regards

HXDave

I suspect you do not have an adequate electrical connection between the wires at the point they were cut. Best lazy method is heatshrink glue lined butt connectors, best method requiring effort is to solder properly and heatshrink. Twisting and taping the wires is generally not good enough.

I suspect you do not have an adequate electrical connection between the wires at the point they were cut. Best lazy method is heatshrink glue lined butt connectors, best method requiring effort is to solder properly and heatshrink. Twisting and taping the wires is generally not good enough.

anewan,

thanks for your reply. so, should i consider looking at soldering the wires then. i must admit, i have just twisted & taped the wires, but i guess this is not good enough. In reality, could this be the problem i have then?

HXDave

Problem sorted guys. Was as simple as a blown fuse. Not sure what happened though, as i thought i had checked all the fuses before. However i was frustrated and p*ssed off at the time, so guess i could have easily missed it. I'm just thankful that i re-checked the fuses before taking the door to bits again............

HXDave