The End Of An Era

Thanks for peoples concerns but...... I dont need any recommendations :giggle:

I couldnt care if its a hyundai last time I checked I owned a skoda.......... Im not into badge snobbery. Alot of people who have comments to make about the coupe usually havent driven one :D

Looks are in the eye of the beholder and I think the gen3.5 and the siii are stunning and no one can convience me otherwise.

In regards to how they drive, there very comfortable, lovely handling, postive steering, wonderful interiors with plenty of space and luxurys, brakes are good, gearbox is a GEM! Good build quality, In regards to the old story of power.

My mate had a dark blue 2.0 gen3.5 with a few choice bolt on modifications and I certainly wouldnt call it slow........ The fact it would keep up with CTR's all day long. But have more low down grunt than the CTR, I dont drive fast, im careful and I occasionaly I have a B Road blast. But most of the time I take things steady and enjoy the drive. In regards to the v6 being underpowered I will only say "lol" research the potential of these engines standard and modded before people start slating them. Not that now ill be getting a V6 :rofl: because ive found a stunning 2.0.

As well as that I know 5 people who have owned a hyundai coupe and surprise, surprise they all loved them :p

Your criticism's will fall on deaf ears, I cant wait to have one on my drive :rofl:

Edited by TorqueXIsXCheap

Doesn't the T Sport Corolla have the same engine as the 190 Celica?

When it first came out, I used to hate the styling of the last Celica (probably because I had a ST185). But I saw one the other day and noticed how well it has aged - it looks sharp and tidy from all angles. Plus you'll get the bum on the floor feel that you want.

I've been debating getting one myself.

-------------

edit - I see your mind is made up :thumbup:

Edited by Asmith

When it first came out, I used to hate the styling of the last Celica (probably because I had a ST185). But I saw one the other day and noticed how well it has aged - it looks sharp and tidy from all angles. Plus you'll get the bum on the floor feel that you want.

I've been debating getting one myself.

-------------

edit - I see your mind is made up :thumbup:

Good call with the edit Asmith :rofl:

It does indeed, the Corolla T Sport and the Celica 190/T Sport share the same engine. Made in conjunction with Yamaha if i remember rightly. They do have the second CAM at about 6500 revs and they just take off. Some of the last Corolla's were T Sport Compressors which had a Supercharger fitted also. That takes them to about 225BHP or something if I remember correctly.

My thread seems to have been hijacked by talk of a toyota corrola :rofl:

Thats because they're loads better than hyundie coops... :giggle:

Fair play, I've looked at them before as one of the contractors at work had a V6 one in red with full leather and it looked like a lot of car for the money.

Its not badge snobbery (I own a Skoda and a Ford...), I just can't get on with the way they look, they look a bit like someone took a rolling pin to the original concept design, squashed it out a bit and it made it to production before anyone noticed.

But yes you're right, I've never driven one and therefore can't comment on their driveability.

Well thats it ladys and gentlemen the hunt is over, Ive purchased my car, should hopefully be picking her up on sunday. O and am as happy as a pig in s*** :rofl:

Once again thank you all for your support, and from the pm's recived wishing me good luck, just goes to show what a top bunch of people are on brisky :yes:

You might see me nosing around tho :giggle:

some pictures for the haters and the lovers :rofl:

1.jpg

2.jpg

untitled.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by TorqueXIsXCheap