Rear window screen wash fault

Hi guys. My rear screen wash isn't working. The pump is operating and when i hold the rear screen wash switch in, (the right stalk forward) the pump sounds but no screenwash on the back window. Also the screen wash level doesnt drop when doing this so i dont think there's a leak which is dropping pressure to the back window. So its looking likely to be a blockage. Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and if so, were was the blockage? trying to pin point the fault so thought i would ask on here first as to were to start. Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem ! No water leak pump, working but no water coming out. Been like this for 6 months or more but I've just lived with it.

In the cold weather the pipe is prone to popping off when it freezes as had this problem once.

Would be interested if anyone knows what's wrong.

1 Pull off the jet and see if that is blocking the flow.

2 Failing that there is a junction between pipes in the boot area: behind the trim in the left wheel arch in the boot.

3 Have a look in the spare wheel well - that is where the fluid goes if the pipe has separated.

After that I would look to the pump?

HTH

Hi guys. My rear screen wash isn't working. The pump is operating and when i hold the rear screen wash switch in, (the right stalk forward) the pump sounds but no screenwash on the back window. Also the screen wash level doesnt drop when doing this so i dont think there's a leak which is dropping pressure to the back window. So its looking likely to be a blockage. Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and if so, were was the blockage? trying to pin point the fault so thought i would ask on here first as to were to start. Thanks in advance.

Hi Greg,

Yes sounds like a blockage, if it is the best way to clear it, is remove the tailgate cover, and pull the pipe off the jet input, and

blow with a airline from the OUTSIDE so an dirt will blow back towards the boot.then just replace the pipe and it should be ok !

Radiotwo

ok couldnt wait till morning. It was the rear jet all blocked up. They are x2 metal jets in a little plastic housing so one into 2 jets. they are all blocked and correded up. Gonna get a replacment one next week as i have cleared this one but the spray isnt right. Mr rooney i bet this will fix yours too.

ok couldnt wait till morning. It was the rear jet all blocked up. They are x2 metal jets in a little plastic housing so one into 2 jets. they are all blocked and correded up. Gonna get a replacment one next week as i have cleared this one but the spray isnt right. Mr rooney i bet this will fix yours too.

When I first fiddled with mine, I'd moved the alignment, so the jet was hitting the cover instead of going straight out, took a little bit of faffing around to get it right again.