Epic hit and run damage

Dave_G

This happened overnight/this morning. The last person to have it gave me the key at about 4.30pm yesterday - its one of my pool cars at work (the SE next to it is mine)

Couldn't work it out at first...

338440_10150354277016116_607971115_8535078_28082391_o.jpg

Something large like a truck has backed into it at a reasonable speed. Probably not an artic but a 40 ton rigid with a tail lift. Pushed it back about 3ft into a car that was parked behind it and smashed it's headlight, there were scrape marks made by the tyres and glass from the car behind it on the floor and embedded in the rear bumper.

What is weird is where has the other car gone and did they report it? I have reported it.

Weird thing 2 is that there are flats about 20ft to the left behind the fence, did no one hear anything?

It's pushed the bonnet back into the windscreen and smashed bits out of it too.

Fingers crossed its not a total loss. 89k on the clock, PD100 in Ambiente flavour.

Yeah it's a mess. Mostly;

Bonnet

Wings

Bumper

Grille

Radiator

AC Condenser

Slam panel

Headlamps

NSF fog lamp

Windscreen

Rear bumper damaged

NSR light cluster

Crash bar is ok!

It's pushed the NS headlamp into the battery as well.

The parts are cheap so fingers crossed.

No chance of finding whoever did it. Hopefully the owner of what it was shoved into will come forward and claim off our insurance... Ho Ho Ho and hopefully he / she saw something? Not banking on it to be fair!

my rad and condensor got straigthened out the best they could, had to buy new bumper, bonnet, wings had to be resprayed, crash bar , and the chassis leg was bent so had to be grinded off, jigged straight then welded back on.

Have u had a look at your chassis legs?

my rad and condensor got straigthened out the best they could, had to buy new bumper, bonnet, wings had to be resprayed, crash bar , and the chassis leg was bent so had to be grinded off, jigged straight then welded back on.

Have u had a look at your chassis legs?

The radiator and condenser are fudged, been pushed back into whatever sits behind them.

375287_10150354966581116_607971115_8537255_1730325339_n.jpg?dl=1

The car is at the bodyshop awaiting estimation for repair, I'm sure they'll look at everything but I will mention the chassis legs.

Me too. Hopefully I'll find out on Monday and update.

If it is, it'll be replaced by a Citroen C4 (I have a substantial Citroen fleet at work) or a SEAT Ibiza of some sort, most likely a 1.6 CRTDi 105hp SportRider ST - I've got 4 of those (actually they're 5 door hatches not the ST) too.

Me too. Hopefully I'll find out on Monday and update.

If it is, it'll be replaced by a Citroen C4 (I have a substantial Citroen fleet at work) or a SEAT Ibiza of some sort, most likely a 1.6 CRTDi 105hp SportRider ST - I've got 4 of those (actually they're 5 door hatches not the ST) too.

At least it wasn't your SE mate that would have been tragic.

Yeah that would have sucked much much more :(

I'm also pretty glad it wasn't my C5. Got two, plus a C4 and they were parked nearby too.

The Fabia took one for the team :(

Quick update.

Estimate has come in at around £2800. One we've taken the VAT off and the excess, it looks like they might repair it.

The body shop have told our insurers we want to hang on to it, and have used pattern parts where possible to keepe costs down - they might go for it.

Fingers crossed.

How much do you want for it, and do you have any other front end parts???

It's all about the money!

I paid around £80 +p&p for it when I was thinking of painting one a different colour and fitting it, but I can't be bothered now.

Got no other bits at all as I don't usually collect this kind of thing

I paid around £80 +p&p for it when I was thinking of painting one a different colour and fitting it, but I can't be bothered now.

Got no other bits at all as I don't usually collect this kind of thing

Was gonna do a quick release bonnet project on my car, so needed spare panel and bonnet😔. Might just leave it as its getting a bit cold now days....... To do any work

It's all about the money!

Yeah that would have sucked much much more :(

I'm also pretty glad it wasn't my C5. Got two, plus a C4 and they were parked nearby too.

The Fabia took one for the team :(

LOOL (the fabia took one for the team) poor little fabia not to bad tho can be made back to normal

It's had a relatively low speed impact, the height of whatever shunted it pushed the front bumper down and off, and peeled the bonnet back, wiping out a few peripherals as it went.

It'd be different if it hit a solid(ish) object (like a truck?) at speed I think.

Anyway, I'm happy they're repairing it.

But if they'd paid out say, £4k on it it would have paid for a new lease car for a couple of years. Just done a deal on a C4 VTR (1.6HDI, 90 hp, AC etc) for £166 a month. Never mind!

More cheap motoring, I love it.

Confirmed by phone and in writing t they're repairing it - after some gentle persuasion from me :)

Basically said I wanted to keep it as it benefits my business, ie I don't have to fork out for a replacement. Insurers agreed that they would rather repair than write off, but as long as the bodyshop discounted further.

It's in the bodyshop's interest to repair (they can make money instead of a £60 flat fee) and the insurer is left with a bill to recycle the scrap as well as paying out about £4k to me if they declare it a total loss.

So they shaved a couple of hundred quid off and everyone is happy.

The original estimate came in at about £2850, not totally sure how much they discounted it by, I'll try to get the estimate :)

Hopefully have the car back by next Friday.

Edited by Dave_G