Is this normal?

Hi there fellow Skodavians!

Just wanted to know if someone can advise whether this is normal behaviour from ones Octavia Air Con unit.

The thing is, as soon as I turn on the Air Con, the fan speed automatically goes on to full blast! Regardless of how I turn on the air con, it always seems to go straight to full blast!! Is this normal? or is my Skoda being a naughty boy!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!! :D

Hi there fellow Skodavians!

Just wanted to know if someone can advise whether this is normal behaviour from ones Octavia Air Con unit.

The thing is, as soon as I turn on the Air Con, the fan speed automatically goes on to full blast! Regardless of how I turn on the air con, it always seems to go straight to full blast!! Is this normal? or is my Skoda being a naughty boy!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!! :D

When the car is hot (I am guessing it will be where you are) then the aircon goes full-on.

That will depend on what your other settings are?

How do I check other settings? I know that whatever button I press to get the air con on makes it go on to the max fan setting..

If I turn the knob just one click, it still goes to max. It's odd, but if there are settings to adjust this, can someone give me a heads up? Much appreciated..

oh and it doesnt matter on the weather outside, it does the same thing wether its 30 degrees or 10... :)

30 degrees? Bah! Thanks for rubbing that one in! We've forgotten what air conditioning is for here at the minute!

From memory, my air con (climatronic dual zone) starts up differently depending on whether what sort of temperature difference there is between outside and inside the car.

If it's set to 16 degrees, and its roasting hot in the car, the fans will come on slowly at first, and then very quickly increase speed up to maximum. It won't just start up on full speed, it always builds from a low speed.

If set to something similar to outside, then the fans come on slowly as always, and stay at a low speed.

Have you checked that the light sensor on the top of the dashboard is clean and unobstructed?

It might also be worth you doing a reset of the system. With the ignition on but the engine NOT running, hold down the ECON and the bottom left of the four oblong buttons for airflow. The display changes and then you hear all the flaps calibrating. Do this a couple of times, and if that doesn't improve things, it would be worth having a VCDS scan done to see if any fault codes are brought up.

Hope this helps

Mike

hahah sorry to rub it in!! If it makes any difference, we've had nothing but rain for the last 3 - 4 weeks.. :D

Thanks for your time responding, it's actually sorted me out.. I had no idea that the fan speeds change as the temp settings changed.. I used to have it on at LO all the time, and thats when it when on to full speed.. but now after changing it to 21 as a test, the fan setting went to almost half way instead of full.. So I guess its not a fault after all.. thanks again for your time!! Much oblidged :)

Have you checked that the light sensor on the top of the dashboard is clean and unobstructed?

What do we have another light sensor for (I've got an Elegance) and how is it related to the heating and ventilation system? :wonder: :wonder: