New Skoda Octavia Elegance Radio

Nick Cz

Hi Guys,

I was on here before but lost my login details. Used to be known as nczernus.

I have just ordered my replacement company vehicle.

New Octavia Elegance 2.0 FSI HB

with Xenon Headlights

Full Leather Interior incl Heated front seats and active headrests

Light Assist

ESP

Tyre Pressure Monitors

Black Magic Pearl effect paint

Multi-function steering wheel with Maxi-dot

My current vehicle red octavia vRS HB with Cruise is by far the most fantastic car I have ever driven. I will be shedding a few tears when it goes back to the lease company. sadly the new vRS is not out yet and I must order a new now for delivery in 8 weeks.

I currently have a fully maxed up sound system in the vRS. The only problem I have is that a little dickie bird tells me the integrated radio in the new octavia displays data from the tyre pressure monitors and also displays a proximity graphical display for the rear parking sensors.

My question is, since i am getting maxi-dot anyway, will the above mentioned data by displayed by maxi dot (I think not to be honest) or will I have to keep the origional radio so as to display and utillise accessory data?

Would love to know if I could still put in my old sound system:-

Focal 165H in front doors

Pioneer TS8565 rear parcel shelf

Alpine Type R 12inch Sub

Kenwood 628 x 2 for front and rears

Kenwood 8151 mono sub amp

Pioneer DEP8000H MP3 Dual display head unit

or is it best to retire the system.

I am aware that a huge blanking plate is required to cover the origional stero location and apparently looks very unsitely

Help Please. :eek:

• 1 month later...

Not sure about the fitting, but to remove the stereo in the New octavia it is secured from behind by screws or nuts and you have to take out the top vbents to do it.

The radio is the same as the Mk V Golf and the blanking plate from autoleads will fit in the gap. The problem is that the parking sensors and one or two other parts show information on ther redio screen so there may be a compatability problem.