my modified Roomster

Julian Edgar

Great Write up. The Roomster is growing on me, especially some of the modified ones that are coming through...

I could do with those spots for when the car in front has their rear fog lights on!

I think if you have a pre 07 (maybe 08) car you need to update the CAN gateway...Why not go the whole hog and get a columbus though!!

My congratulations! A thorough and meticulous tuning.

I have been considering that rear axle anti roll bar and its advantages. My doubt is, don't you lose some ground clearance? I think about some country roads I often drive on...

Second, I like quiet cars. My 1.2 Petrol TSI engine is sufficiently quiet, but there is room for improvement in muffling engine and tyre noise.

Have you ever thought about it? I am thinking of improving the whole with a complete lower engine bay cover (TDI diesels-like) and with some insulating stuff here and there (door panels and wheel wells mainly)

Any advice?

THX emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Edited by Lorenzo

I have been considering that rear axle anti roll bar and its advantages. My doubt is, don't you lose some ground clearance? I think about some country roads I often drive on...

I drive a lot on dirt. No hitting of the bar yet - the attachment ends rise and fall with the wheels, remember.

Regarding noise - over the years, I have tried reducing noise in many cars I have owned. It's never been very successful.

I agree with Julian, the only time I have grounded the RARB is backing up onto a particularly high kerb at an acute angle outside my house (new housing development so road is not at full "height" yet)

Handling wise, top modification :thumbup: much more direct feel to the turn in and flatter cornering.