air lock or not ?

skodavrs54

hi all im the proud owner of a skoda fabia vrs tdi 130 had it for about 5 months when i first bought it noticed i a water problem i had coolant being forced out of the expansion tank but it was seemed to be fixed by a new expansion tank cap but its seem to got worse drove from kidderminster to telford on the start up to come back noticed i had no water in the expansion tank i dont thrash my car lets face it you dont really have to lol it was suggested to me that my thermostat was stuck shut or there maybe a water lock in the cooling system or the worst a head gasket so i had a head test which was a syringe with a blue fluid which measured exhaust gases the test came back fine since then i have booked into a garage and had the thermostat changed and also the housing changed too the cars temp runs at 90 it doesnt overheat its just this reoccuring water problem every time i run it the garage have said its not the easiest of jobs so looks like they will be having it back on monday i love my vrs its one of the best cars ive ever had so from one vrs addict to another can someone help cheers.........

Edited by skodavrs54

The water going back into the bottle is overheated, thats the only time it should circulate through the small hose. As Dave says-

!!!!!Water pump alert!!!!!