I'm Back Folks

MoggyTech

Just checking in people. Got slightly diverted from cars due to The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim :rofl:

So Moggy news update. Had to avoid a learner going sideways in the snow in a narrow street, decided the kerb was the lesser of two evils. So new alloy and tyre paid for by the driving instructor, no suspension damage, and had the damaged wheel refurbed for £48 and the tyre from the steel spare swapped over, so five alloys for the VRS now.

Very tempted to buy a Monty Carlo in white with black roof and alloys. West End have a zero VAT offer on, but the VRS is going like a rocket, and put a huge smile on my miserable chops when I went for a blast today.

Traveller is tucked up in bed for the winter, God that car has a sweet engine, pity it only sticks out 50 BHP :rofl:

So that's about it, still here, just playing hours of Skyrim, as it's infinitely more interesting than my normal life. :rofl:

Guest BigJase88

I was looking at the monte carlos

I like the anthracite colour....

What varient were you looking at?

I was thinking 1.6cr 105

Do they do a 140cr like the ibiza fr?

Edited by BigJase88

I was looking at the monte carlos

I like the anthracite colour....

What varient were you looking at?

I was thinking 1.6cr 105

Do they do a 140cr like the ibiza fr?

I was in west End Skoda today, and it was the 1.2 TSI I was looking at. Candy white, black wheels and roof, looked way better than the new VRS. It's 105 BHP as well, with 0-62 in 10.2 seconds, so not exactly fast, and not exactly slow either. Fuel economy figures were as good as the diesel!

Thing is the VAT free offer ends December, and I have to wait for a fixed term bond to mature in May next year. So that adds 3k to the price. Car I liked was £11995 OTR. Doing low miles lately since retiring, so a diesel doesn't make much sense for me.

I'll not ask about the scrolls of whatever, but I am glad you kept the Mog. :) Lovely car you've got there.

Thanks you sir. Made more sense to keep it, if only for the fact you can fix it with either a hammer, or a bigger hammer, or bad language and a really big f**k off hammer. :rofl:

Thanks you sir. Made more sense to keep it, if only for the fact you can fix it with either a hammer, or a bigger hammer, or bad language and a really big f**k off hammer. :rofl:

You were thinking of selling? No way. It's too cool.

You were thinking of selling? No way. It's too cool.

Ahhhh...you missed his post re "should i sell?".......we (Briskoda) convinced him not to.....your's is just another sensiable voice of a likeminded car nut!!!!..... :giggle: ..

Ahhhh...you missed his post re "should i sell?".......we (Briskoda) convinced him not to.....your's is just another sensiable voice of a likeminded car nut!!!!..... :giggle: ..

Yep, missed it. Well done everyone....

Yes, Moggytech's traveller was nearly up for sale as the same time as my 1960 Minor saloon. Sold mine and bought something else... Still miss the depreciation and insurance at less than 80 pounds. :(

I was in west End Skoda today, and it was the 1.2 TSI I was looking at. Candy white, black wheels and roof, looked way better than the new VRS. It's 105 BHP as well, with 0-62 in 10.2 seconds, so not exactly fast, and not exactly slow either. Fuel economy figures were as good as the diesel!

Thing is the VAT free offer ends December, and I have to wait for a fixed term bond to mature in May next year. So that adds 3k to the price. Car I liked was £11995 OTR. Doing low miles lately since retiring, so a diesel doesn't make much sense for me.

My father-in-law has a Polo with the 1.2TSI 105bhp engine. It goes very well for such a small engine and gives good mpg (not as good as your Fabia vRS though), but if you use the performance available the fuel economy really suffers. I'm sure the guys at West End would be happy to let you try one for a decent test drive, and give you a good price on your SE if you wanted to change.