Fabia 1.9D tuning box.

Outlaw

Does anyone have any experience with Dynamic Diesels tuning boxes.

Is it worth a punt at 80 quid off Ebay or am I wasting my money.

Seems a good price for a 30 BHP rise in power.

Cheers,

Outlaw.

:thumbup:

Don't know about Dynamic Diesels, but got a TDI Tuning box via ebay for £80 and happy. Doubt the 30bhp, but it does pull better from lower revs right through the range and very smooth. Makes for better overtaking and less gear changing. Economy hasn't changed. No smoke. Overall very pleased.

Make sure it's a proper tuning box and not an ECU fooler. It it plugs solely into the fuel line and doesn't need a power supply, odds are it's an ECU fooler and is just a prettied up resistor in a box...

so with tuning boxes as soon as there unpluged does your car go back to normal or will it send it into limp mode and have to reset the ecu etc?

Goes back to normal (ish), takes a few miles for the ECU to settle back down - they are constantly learning. Never ever had limp mode on my car as a result of anything to do with tuning box or remap. Ever.

think ide rather a remap actually for £150 and they come to your house http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-ObrCTAVIA-VRS-1-8T-SKODA-FABIA-1-9TDI-VRS-ECU-REMAP-/330649240992?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cfc3b05a0#ht_719wt_1032 gota be better than a module for that price?

think ide rather a remap actually for £150 and they come to your house http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-ObrCTAVIA-VRS-1-8T-SKODA-FABIA-1-9TDI-VRS-ECU-REMAP-/330649240992?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cfc3b05a0#ht_719wt_1032 gota be better than a module for that price?

I think I'd personally rather stick my **** in a wasps nest than let a 15 feedback 'back street' remapper touch my cars ecu.

Tuning box or 'Proper' (read shark / Awesome / Etc) remap for me, or nothing.

i know but everyone has to start somewhere, not saying there good or bad but i think there new with a price like that just trying to get out there maybe? i have emailed him asking about the company and its history to see if they are a new company and what not. they claim to of worked on there maps with r-tech which are pretty reputable. just saying you never know!

i know but everyone has to start somewhere, not saying there good or bad but i think there new with a price like that just trying to get out there maybe? i have emailed him asking about the company and its history to see if they are a new company and what not. they claim to of worked on there maps with r-tech which are pretty reputable. just saying you never know!

Good points, but personally, I wouldn't touch it. I bought a Shark with STS, and I'm a very happy bunny indeed. :thumbup:

yer i know what you mean as theres not much about them is it worth the risk. im prepared to spend money on a decent map though as ive just spent 5k on my car and dont want to break it haha. how much was the shark and what does sts stand for? sorry if thats a dull question :think:

£300 all in (during their last sale), the STS is Self Tuning System - meant I could map it at home using this STS box, saving a 300mile round trip.. The box also acts as a code reader / clearer. It's a great map, although in this weather I dare not use anything more than 65% throttle! It's a fricken animal.

Thanks for all the advice.

Problem with a remap is the fact that it is not reversible. ith a chip I can have a go and if either I or more importantly the missus dont like it the unit can be easily removed. If we do like it then we will save up for a good remap.

Cheers,

Outlaw

:evil:

Problem with a remap is the fact that it is not reversible. ith a chip I can have a go and if either I or more importantly the missus dont like it the unit can be easily removed. If we do like it then we will save up for a good remap.

Cheers,

Outlaw

If you get the Shark with STS, it can be put back to normal in a matter of minutes.

However, you won't! It's soooooo good. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Outlaw

Most decent places would offer a 30 day money back promise anyway, so even with a remap you can probably have a go and get your missus to drive it. Honestly though, there's nothing wrong with a remap, she won't have to put her foot down all the time and it'll still potter around town just like it always would. More likely to just get cross with you as it may lead to further costs such as a new clutch, but IMO a tuning box would knacker your clutch even faster due to the unpredictable and probably very sudden torque delivery. And once it's started slipping it's only going to get worse even if you take the tuning box off.

If it's worth doing then it's worth doing properly...

hmmm 300 all in think i might wait for there next sale. cheers for the info mate.

There you go, £150 off a Fabia I map so you could get both the map and the STS unit for £300 all inclusive if you ring them and pay over the phone before 1pm.