recirculation mode

i want the recirculation mode to stay on always like on other cars?is there a way?

everymorning i have to switch it on maually and it stays on unlike the mercs which goes off after 15/20mins.. if i stop/start within half an hour or so it stays on...but if i stop the car for a longer period it goes off and again i have to switch it on.

i want the recirculation mode to stay on always like on other cars?is there a way?

It's a safety measure to stop you running out of oxygen. Much easier to push the button every half hour or so than suffer the effects of becoming confused or hitting another road user.

It's a safety measure to stop you running out of oxygen. Much easier to push the button every half hour or so than suffer the effects of becoming confused or hitting another road user.

TeeeHeeee that made me chuckle! :giggle:

When you live in dusty places like I do and travel rather short distances, it becomes really annoying having to enable it every time you get in the car.

The air entering the car is filtered, so no dust should enter the car. And as said above there is a warning in the handbook NOT to leave recirc on for any length of time.

The air entering the car is filtered, so no dust should enter the car. And as said above there is a warning in the handbook NOT to leave recirc on for any length of time.

That's right - have you watched Apollo 13?

What reasons are there for doing this?

in a country like india the air is very polluted with heavy traffic also the smell of exhaust fumes/2stroke autorikshaws in slow traffic is disgusting so for short travels we cant have fresh air get in the car. yeah its really annoying every time u press the recirculation button.

all my other cars except the merc like suzuki swift or toyota innova keeps the recirculated air mode on unless we switch it off manually. and i never had a problem even on long distance travel keeping the recirculated air on.