Temperature Gauge

servicepoint

Just back from a short journey and when I turned the ignition off I noticed that the Temp gauge needle didn't drop smoothly to rest but drops in small stages and makes a ticking noise as it falls. I have never noticed this before and has perhaps just developed, the gauge other than this appears to work perfectly.

Has anyone experienced similar or is this normal?

Just back from a short journey and when I turned the ignition off I noticed that the Temp gauge needle didn't drop smoothly to rest but drops in small stages and makes a ticking noise as it falls. I have never noticed this before and has perhaps just developed, the gauge other than this appears to work perfectly.

Has anyone experienced similar or is this normal?

Can't say I've noticed it on mine but if the gauge is an analogue device it's probably the capillary tube trying to straighten out and therefore normal.

Fred

Can't say I've noticed it on mine but if the gauge is an analogue device it's probably the capillary tube trying to straighten out and therefore normal.

Fred

Its actually eased off a bit today, smooth most of the way down the tick,tick at the bottom.:doh: