Shudder in 2nd on DSG

runboy

Noticed today that a few times when moving away in auto and the DSG changes from 1st to 2nd there was a shudder, like the wheels were spinning but the traction control light wasn't on, roads were dry and I was giving it the boot. Sometimes it didn't do though.

Anyone else had this?

had the same issue, took the car to the dealer and a new set of clutches was fitted under warranty. apparently, according to my dealer, many 7-speed dsgs have this issue and vw are replacing them quite often. they also said there's a new improved set of clutches which is what my car was fitted with now and they said hopefully the new clutches that vw have developed won't develop the same shudder and will prove to be better for all 7-speed dsg customers.

I would agree with that

Nope, dry conditions and not driving it like I stole it. If a Fabia couldn't put it's power down in those conditions without having problems then we are all up the stream without a paddle. Plus no traction control light flickering, I've had that happened so know the difference.

Anyway I've been searching the web and found other posts from VW owners with exactly the same problem and it's either a new clutch pack or mechatronic unit thingy that needs replacing. It was fine last night in the damp (so I know it's not tramping) so maybe a one-off but we'll see.