2.0 tdi dsg 4x4 or 1.8 tsi dsg 4x4?

Sibre

Hi all.

Sorry for bothering you if this has already been discussed. In september I ordered a Yeti 140 2.0 tdi dsg 4x4. It had to be a 4x4 and had to have dsg - which narrowed it down to a diesel engine. But now a new option is available - a 152 1.8 tsi dsg 4x4.

So now I'm trying to decide if I should switch to the tsi.

I haven't spoken to the dealer yet so have no clue if this switch is even possible or how it will impact my waiting time (estimated build week 10).

Any thoughts?

Welcome to Briskoda.

It really depends on lots of factors.

it depends on the journeys you do. Long? Short?

Not sure how the TDi compares with the TSi. In UK we don't have the choice as far as I'm aware.

I only do 15,000 miles per year and think that the TSi might be a better choice for me, but really not sure.

It depends on cost, fuel consumption wether you tow, where you live.....if you drive in town, countryside or heavily congested area.

Whichever, the DSG is brilliant and I would not drive a manual by choice.

Sorry cant really answer the question without more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends a lot on your driving style (and preferences). My personal vote would go with the diesel; even my lowly TDI 110 4x4 pulls more torque than the TSI, which I think suits the Yeti more than outright speed performance. If however your doing a lot of short journeys then the petrol is probably the better bet. Will warm up quicker and there's no DPF to concern yourself about.

Best of luck with your deliberations,

TP

The DPF issue was a major concern when looking at new cars, a lot of salesmen told me i didn't do enough miles to warrant a diesel, but having owned a 2.0l petrol x-trail, the one thing i really wanted was that extra torque, I have to admit i don't like driving where i live, but when i get out in the hills and mountains whilst away, its that torque i really need. Carrying a car full of camping stuff and bikes up the trollstigen on a wet summers day, i just really wanted the extra pulling power. So now i have a car for those longer journeys and worrying about DPF issues means i tend to have a reason to avoid short trips which means better health! And as far as the cost, i think i will make that back when i sell it!

If it is anything like in this country then you can change the order up to the point at which it is set in stone on the system, that is gone to status 20 and will be built within the next 2 weeks. Changing your order to a petrol car may speed up when you get the car as diesel orders can be particularly slow. However I'm with most of the others and say you will be better off with the diesel. Much better for towing etc.

Ian