fitting HIDS - Photos of where you have ballasts please

Metty92

I'll get pics of mine tomorrow eve if I remember.

I have mounted mine on the side of the battery cover passenger side, and on the back of the headlight cover drivers side, plus the OEM ballasts in OEM positioning (under the lamps IIRC).

Do you have standard or mini ballasts?

Thanks, I have the slim ballasts.. Also what is the best way to fit them, take the battery out to give more room? or take headlight out? The battery doesn't look straight forward :S

• 1 year later...

Hi mate. I've attached mine ballasts to headlamp dust cover. Drilled few more holes for cable ties and screws as it came with metal brackets.

That way you'll have all in one however there is not much room between battery and the lamp.

Thanks, I have the slim ballasts.. Also what is the best way to fit them, take the battery out to give more room? or take headlight out? The battery doesn't look straight forward :S

Deffinatly a headlight out job I would say loads easier and less chance of breaking the bulbs tryin to wangle it in between the battery and the back of the light, as for the ballast box I've just cable tied mine onto the 2 holes on the left hand side near the battery box and onto a coolant pipe clip on the other