Mannyo's 2001 Audi A8 3.7 Quattro Sport

mannyo

• 2 months later...

After 3 and 1/2 months sitting on my drive, the car was sold and left here today to travel onto pastures new. Its been sold to another enthusiast whos first job is going to be an oil change and get the boot lid resprayed.

Despite standing for so long, once it was taxed and showing on the MID I ventured out onto the road and she drove perfectly. I took for a 10 mile run, which considering it had done less than 0.5 miles since the beginning of December 2013 was excellent news for the buyer.

So this chapter ends here, and the D3 chapter continues.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/297453-mannyo-2004-audi-a8-37-quattro-d3-now-with-added-pics/

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I've spoken to the new owner of my old car quiet a few times since I sold it and its running great and passed its latest MOT with no advisories.

He has fixed the peeling paint on the boot and as a result the car looks fantastic, its now covered nearly 200K miles having made several trips to Blackpool from Hertfordshire and to Cornwall as well.

So the old A8 lives on, and can be seen almost daily driving between High Wycombe and Heathrow airport.

Attached is a recent picture with the paint repaired boot.

post-47-0-38026300-1415384405_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well the old girl did not quiet make it to 200K miles, last friday the steering rack failed dumping PAS fluid all over the current owners drive. One of the seals has gone, and its terminal for the rack.

Replacement rack can be had for peanuts, but replacement takes a LOT of work due to some of the bolts requiring blind access.

So at 199,200 miles it looks like the old girl is either going to be scrapped or sold on to someone else who has the time to replace the rack.

The current owner has owned it for 12 months this week, so had taxed it a couple of weeks ago for another 12 months. He had every confidence in the car up to Friday, to invest in the full year. Everything else is still fine and working, bar a couple of other oil leaks.

Shame... so near and yet so far! 199,200 is still an impressive innings.

At least under the new tax system he'll be able to get any full months refunded :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well the old car lives to fight another day, the current owner has sold it to another enthusiast who is hopefully going to replace the rack and keep the old girl going.

So she is shortly heading for pastures new in Scotland, from Buckinghamshire.