Skoda Extended Warranty

Afternoon chaps,

Having a bit of a thing with the local skoda dealer over my Fabia II 1.9D Sport. It is an 08 plate and we have a one year extended warranty that expires next June.

Last week the alarm was constantly going off and when driving the on board computer intermitantly reports the doors are open when they are not (almost certainly why the alarm is going off :) heh).

On taking it to the garage and presenting my extended warranty they (naturally) say the warranty does not cover the part and I need to pay almost £300.

Anyone have any experience with the extended warranty? I'm a bit hacked off. Anyone know if this is legit?

Cheers

Hi Mr Assassin, As far as I know Skoda don't actually do their own extended warranty. It's an after market warranty supplied by an outside firm to dealers and it doesn't cover things like the alarm. Not many warranties do. I too have an extended warranty from Warranty Wise and did a two year deal with them on my 08 plate Fabia. That doesn't cover the alarm either but covers most other things. I looked at the warranty offered by my Skoda dealer who told me all about. It was expensive and didn't cover quite a few items on the car. It was fairly basic and was offered in just one format to cover all the basics and not much else. There is one way to find out for sure, study your policy docs and/or phone your warranty supplier and ask. Good luck.

Hi Mr Assassin, As far as I know Skoda don't actually do their own extended warranty. It's an after market warranty supplied by an outside firm to dealers and it doesn't cover things like the alarm. Not many warranties do. I too have an extended warranty from Warranty Wise and did a two year deal with them on my 08 plate Fabia. That doesn't cover the alarm either but covers most other things. I looked at the warranty offered by my Skoda dealer who told me all about. It was expensive and didn't cover quite a few items on the car. It was fairly basic and was offered in just one format to cover all the basics and not much else. There is one way to find out for sure, study your policy docs and/or phone your warranty supplier and ask. Good luck.

Skoda Extended Warranty is I belive a Skoda Warranty.

I have an 07 plate Vrs with an Extended Warranty (which I paid for) and it's on the Skoda System.

Booklet, letter from Skoda. I will stand corrected though...

Yes, I think they used to do them until recently. When I asked about the Skoda extended warranty in June last year they said Skoda no longer does them and gave me details of the provider that Skoda now advised dealers to use. I can't remember who that was but it was a fairly basic warranty and I did much better with my 'Warranty Wise' package. My dealer went to some trouble to verify this so I hope he gave me the correct information.

• 2 weeks later...