Which wheel bolts are these?

skinnyman

I need a bit of advice from those out there who know about wheels 'n' stuff. I bought some RS6 reps off ebay. Happy days, but I had a little niggling thought that the bolts weren't right. Thanks to nothills taking the time to look at the bolts on his own RS6 wheels and taking a photo for me, there's a difference in design.

Nuts.jpg

Where can I buy some from asap as I popped into Halfrauds, but they only do locking nuts and not full sets. I've no idea what to buy and am hoping that some of you will know jkust by looking.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.

You need tapered wheel bolts

Yours are M14 x 1.5 x 30mm for standard length, don't fit wheel bolts that are to long, they will knacker the abs rotor on the hub but they need to be long enough so measure his bolt to get the right length,

Check eBay or Damian at DPM Performance can supply them.

Thanks for that, I'll have a look on ebay. I've seen some that are 33mm and 35mm long, which could be about right looking at the photo. I guess this is one down side to buying second hand and not a new package. At least they'd supply the correct bolts with the replica wheels.

Reading another thread an came across Venom motorsport,they sell tapered wheel bolts.

Here is the link: http://www.venommotorsport.com/prod_category_search.php?db=bodystyling&category=Boot/Bonnet%20Lifts&make=Skoda&model=Octavia

Actually I think the link is for bonnet struts but if you search the site you'll find the wheel bolts. :thumbup:

Reading another thread an came across Venom motorsport,they sell tapered wheel bolts.

Here is the link: http://www.venommotorsport.com/prod_category_search.php?db=bodystyling&category=Boot/Bonnet%20Lifts&make=Skoda&model=Octavia

Actually I think the link is for bonnet struts but if you search the site you'll find the wheel bolts. :thumbup:

I managed to source some today in Scarborough. There's an old fashioned car shop and the owner used to race his own cars back in the 60s. He must have a cave somewhere full of stuff because he knew exactly what I wanted and had them in stock. They were 35mm in length and seem to do the job. Thanks for the link though. :thumbup:

Make sure along with bolts you have spigot rings in the centre if they are required.

I'm not sure they are needed as the wheels came off a Leon, so fitted just fine.

You mentioned one thing though, about the abs rotor. To check the bolts weren't too long, I jacked the car up and rotated the wheel by hand to listen to what it sounded like. I then put one new bolt on and rotated the wheel again. It sounded just the same, so I've assumed that the bolt didn't go too far and catch on anything. I did this on all four wheels to check. What do you reckon, does it seem like that's the way to go?

I managed to source some today in Scarborough. There's an old fashioned car shop and the owner used to race his own cars back in the 60s. He must have a cave somewhere full of stuff because he knew exactly what I wanted and had them in stock. They were 35mm in length and seem to do the job. Thanks for the link though. :thumbup:

I'm not sure they are needed as the wheels came off a Leon, so fitted just fine.

You mentioned one thing though, about the abs rotor. To check the bolts weren't too long, I jacked the car up and rotated the wheel by hand to listen to what it sounded like. I then put one new bolt on and rotated the wheel again. It sounded just the same, so I've assumed that the bolt didn't go too far and catch on anything. I did this on all four wheels to check. What do you reckon, does it seem like that's the way to go?

Sounds ok then, it's unusual for aftermarket wheels to be the correct 57.1mm centre bore. As long as they locate well that's fine.

where's the place in Scarborough m8? I go there all the time didn't know there was any places there any more

This place my friend,

http://www.scarbro-racing.co.uk/

How come I've never seen you around? I know that you've been over to see Martin in Driffield, maybe our paths just haven't crossed yet. It's a little shop with all sorts piled up, wheels, seats & random bits of cars. It does seem thougn that he can get quite a bit of stuff at reasonable prices. Apart from Betta Motoring & Halfords which are quite mainstream, he's the only place that stocks things that are out of the ordinary.