I have my first rattle

Got my rattle fixed on Friday by the dealer. 13MY 170 CR. They tell me it was the clutch pipe. Repostitioned and fitted with anti rattle tape. I'll try to find what they've done and photograph it, but the rattle is certainly gone.

Edited by lowedb

Lots of squeaks in my cabin at various times (that is not squeak all the time, or together)...

Found a source of one of them.....the REAR MIRROR CASING!

I just held it and the noise dissappeared :rofl:

Not sure, how to remove the noise permanently though :sweat:

Lots of squeaks in my cabin at various times (that is not squeak all the time, or together)...

Found a source of one of them.....the REAR MIRROR CASING!

I just held it and the noise dissappeared :rofl:

Not sure, how to remove the noise permanently though :sweat:

Easy!

Remove the mirror ;)

In all seriousness, could it just be related to the warm weather? Or has it always done that?

Easy!

Remove the mirror ;)

In all seriousness, could it just be related to the warm weather? Or has it always done that?

Lol

I only discovered it last night driving home on the motorway at 11pm with outside temp of 2.5degrees...

• 3 years later...

Got my rattle fixed on Friday by the dealer. 13MY 170 CR. They tell me it was the clutch pipe. Repostitioned and fitted with anti rattle tape. I'll try to find what they've done and photograph it, but the rattle is certainly gone.

I had a rattle when I depressed the clutch pedal. Dealer also stated it was coming from the clutch pipe hitting of something else. They moved it and I was a happy chap for roughly two weeks. Rattle is back but worse than before. It's now rattles when the engine revs between 1,500--2,500rpm. Doing my head in. :envy:  I'll be sending it back into them to sort it properly.

I had a rattle when I depressed the clutch pedal. Dealer also stated it was coming from the clutch pipe hitting of something else. They moved it and I was a happy chap for roughly two weeks. Rattle is back but worse than before. It's now rattles when the engine revs between 1,500--2,500rpm. Doing my head in. :envy:  I'll be sending it back into them to sort it properly.

Mines still OK three years later. Couldn't see the tape anywhere to photograph though.

• 2 months later...

Glove box rattle? I had the same issue. Thought it was the passenger vent or glove box, and yes, if the glove box was open it seemed to temporarily go away. Finally tracked it down to the trim next to the glove box which is hidden until you open the passenger door. Where the two pieces of trim join/overlap they rubbed against each other. So I pushed a small piece of foam (pipe lagging material approx 3x20x6mm) in to the join and hey presto the rattle/squeak was gone - for good. Quite a few other Superb II owners have had exactly the same issue.