VW pop-up Rear view camera in OCTAVIA

skoda doesn´t support RVC so i think that from factory comes something like "octavia doesn´t support it"

for you will better retrofit RVC without controle module is true that it doesn´t support dynamicaly line but its more easy than retrofit RVC with controle module. This variant is more expensive and little more difficult

BTW: if you retrofit with module you will have not on RNS510 "octavia" car because coding of these ECU is just for VW

Edited by rolbar

skoda doesn´t support RVC so ithink, that from factory come something like "octavia doesn´t support it"

RVC with controle module is expensive if you dont have TV tuner its a way how retrofit it easy with RVC without controle module.

BTW: if you retrofit with module you will have not on RNS510 "octavia" car because coding of these ECU is just for VW

Could you edit your post to make it clearer? Thanks.

Also: Would you say a factory fitted RVC Octavia is not a "real" SKODA OCTAVIA? Doesn't seem to make sense!

Edited by JoaoP

I have seen a converter on a polish site for £90 delivered which converts the signal from RGB to Coax. Meaning you could fit a cheaper ebay cam if you wanted. I have also seen on another polish site the whole kit incl cam from tiguan. This is around £230

i hope that you understand me sorry for my English :)

to donovan: better is use originaly VW parts because of compatible. I know few octavians who have some problems. Original is original plung and play then plung and pray. Original set from Tiguan (version without ECU) coast here in CZ around £170 without work

if you have PDC you need new ECU for it with support RVC

Edited by rolbar

i hope that you understand me sorry for my English :)

to donovan: better is use originaly VW parts because of compatible. I know few octavians who have some problems. Original is original plung and play then plung and pray. Original set from Tiguan (version without ECU) coast here in CZ around £170 without work

if you have PDC you need new ECU for it with support RVC

From what I understood, you think that the factory will say that Octavia doesn't support rvc. Then, why does Skoda sell Octavias with factory fitted rvc?

Skoda doesn´t sell Octavias with RVC from factory.

RVC was just tested on Superb MKII but just for test never for normal use BIG BOSS VW said "NO maybe later"

It shouldn't be like that! Skoda is not the underdog!

Edited by JoaoP

They have many things which was stoped by test mode nothing for normal production.

It is like front heated glass new Octavia Green Line E has it but this will never product for serial production.

Trust me in Skoda development center are many good things which will never use, that is true.......

So we have to retrofit it if it´s possible :)

I found this tutorial which I would like to know if it would work on a skoda octavia 2011 with the rns 510 columbus. What do you think?

http://www.vwpassat.nl/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=33514

It is in Dutch (if you need to use a translator). The author used a vw camera control unit to connect a camera to the RNS-510 unit. This unit displays the lines based on the steering wheel input!

Care to comment? :)