New Elegance TDi 105

I took delivery today - right on the schedule that Chathams in Edinburgh advised. George very helpful.

In Black Magic Pearl with heated seats, APS, Sunroof, sport suspension and towbar (for bike rack)

Engine is super smooth compared to my old 1.9TDi (motoring journals suggested that it wouldn't be any better - what do they know?)

Sport suspension not as firm as I thought it would be - certainly no where near as firm as my old Mk 1 VRS.

I'm keeping the revs up as advised in these forums but I worry about the Mrs - she instinctively drives in as high a gear as possible and tootles along at 1,000 rpm even up hills!

I told her she'll damage the engine and waste fuel but it's in one ear and out the other I fear.

A couple of minors already though - heated seat switches are the wrong way round and when switching off, I get a temporary "Check Deadlocks - Manual" message.

I'll let you know what George has to say!

1327438911[/url]' post='2659250']

I took delivery today - right on the schedule that Chathams in Edinburgh advised. George very helpful.

In Black Magic Pearl with heated seats, APS, Sunroof, sport suspension and towbar (for bike rack)

Engine is super smooth compared to my old 1.9TDi (motoring journals suggested that it wouldn't be any better - what do they know?)

Sport suspension not as firm as I thought it would be - certainly no where near as firm as my old Mk 1 VRS.

I'm keeping the revs up as advised in these forums but I worry about the Mrs - she instinctively drives in as high a gear as possible and tootles along at 1,000 rpm even up hills!

I told her she'll damage the engine and waste fuel but it's in one ear and out the other I fear.

A couple of minors already though - heated seat switches are the wrong way round and when switching off, I get a temporary "Check Deadlocks - Manual" message.

I'll let you know what George has to say!

Same engine and same colour as mine, you'll enjoy it

Quite a few new fabias and roomsters seem to have the heated seat switches the wrong way round! Wonder if that's due to only the uk being the ones who drive on the other side of the road?

Have fun with your new car!

Quite a few new fabias and roomsters seem to have the heated seat switches the wrong way round! Wonder if that's due to only the uk being the ones who drive on the other side of the road?

Have fun with your new car!

Ha! But the seats are still left and right?!

How long was delivery mate?

I've specced sports suspension too :)

I ordered it in late October - Chathams initially advised late December Build and January Delivery. Got email from George advising Build now in week 1 January but still would be delivered in this month. True to their word, it turned up on 24 January.

I think the overall delivery time was good especially since I spec'd the car "my way".