7" Double DIN install help please!

Hi all,

Have bitten the bullet an purchased an XTRONS TD696 (Yes, I know, I'm on a budget!)

I have also got the fascia. But when I unboxed the stereo and offered it up to the fascia it looks like I'm going to have a 1/4 inch gap all the way round the stereo!

Has any one else fitted one of these in an 06 Octavia vRS, (with pictures if possible) ? Am I missing something ?

Am going to attempt to fit tomorrow and will post some pictures to better explain situation.

Thanks

Craig

Hi all,

Have bitten the bullet an purchased an XTRONS TD696 (Yes, I know, I'm on a budget!)

I have also got the fascia. But when I unboxed the stereo and offered it up to the fascia it looks like I'm going to have a 1/4 inch gap all the way round the stereo!

Has any one else fitted one of these in an 06 Octavia vRS, (with pictures if possible) ? Am I missing something ?

Am going to attempt to fit tomorrow and will post some pictures to better explain situation.

Thanks

Craig

not sure on that specific one but I know a few double units need a extra wee cosmetic trim around the edges.id be interested in wee review of you're new purchase :-) was looking at a xrtrons unit also

You will need a double din fitting kit , they can be found at halfords or ebay. I assume you are upgrading from a stream unit. Did mine to a single din sony ( sorry no pics )and used a similar kit. But have now changed to Erisin ES786EN 7" HD Touch Screen Car DVD Player Gps unit. Which required a new facia plate.

Check on ebay something like this should be able to work :http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-OCTAVIA-Double-DIN-Fascia-Fitting-Kit-CT23SK01A-/260422227483?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3ca25fd61b

( sorry about the long link ) or even halfords should be able to get one for you. Good luck.

@Im gouki, thanks. After removing the standard unit and realising i hadn't got the ISO or the aerial adaptor either !! I found this kit.

Maybe i should have checked before setting a day aside to install without the correct extras !!

@barrheadred. As soon as the above mentioned kit arrives i shall post some pictures !

@barrheadred.

DO NOT, DO NOT GET A XTRONS UNIT !!!

WOW what a heap of **** !! For an advanced country like China, they do make some CR4P !!

AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!

Cheap looks

Cheap nasty interface

Doesn't control the iPod in a normal logical way, just randomly picks an album (even with random turned off !!)

There is a lot of background/static noise through the speakers even with everything grounded

You can here the female voice on all the inputs saying that the phone is connected to the Bluetooth

The Bluetooth connection is poor, wouldn't connect when making or receiving a call.

I gave up after all that !